“Enjoyable afternoon!”

Ranked #18 of 167 Restaurants in Knysna
Cuisines: Sushi, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A fun, vibey tapas restaurant situated on Thesen Island at the waters edge. Live music, sushi, global tapas and friendly service. A place not to be missed...
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We love the tapas-style eating and had a very enjoyable afternoon. Mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, but we experienced nothing negative. Good service and food. The jalapeno poppers were a definative favourite at our table. Calamari rings, hake all good. The chiquila oysters got mixed reviews from our table, but I liked it very much! A good alternative to your traditional way of eating oysters. We spent quite a few hours eating away and drinking wine and our account averaged R375 pp.

There are newer reviews for Tapas and Oysters

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Loud and happy.
The food is ok at most. Very good atmosphere. Packed with locals. Will I go again? No, but the locals love it.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This place was better than I thought it would be.  I had a couple of large oysters which I didn't think were great.  The tapas dishes were okay and there was music playing.

The restaurant organised a taxi back to our hostel for us but the guy completely ripped us off.  Our fault I guess for not discussing a price before hand but it was the first and only time we experienced any problems with taxis in South Africa. Not sure if I would go back for the food but good if you want something quick to eat.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Tapas and Oyster has a beautiful location next to the Quay Four on Thesen Island in Knysna.
We've been eating outside and enjoyed it a lot.

I had a very simple steak with chips and egg and the price of 50 R was really a good deal and it tasted very good. A friend of mine tried out the Sushi and he also was satisfied with price and quality.
Thumbs up for this nice restaurant!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The sushi at Tapas and Oysters is excellent! We come back time and again for the crispy fashion sandwich (a must!!) and the tempura prawn! As locals who live in Knysna there out of season specials (Wednesday 1/2 price sushi) are not to be missed! The tapas is also excellent with my favourites on the menu being the nachos, spare ribs, jalapeno poppers and the melanzane. The location is amazing set right on the side of the lagoon in Thesen Harbour town! Great cocktails too!!!