“Friendly Service”

Ranked #18 of 171 Restaurants in Knysna
Cuisines: Sushi, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A fun, vibey tapas restaurant situated on Thesen Island at the waters edge. Live music, sushi, global tapas and friendly service. A place not to be missed...
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Tapas & Oysters in the Knysna Waterfront wasn't open for business but they were happy to allows us to order some oysters. This is my second visit and I highly recommend it - excellent menu and great specials

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to Tapaz on friday with my husband and son. We were seating very quickly even though they were very busy. We first got drinks, i ordered a jug of Pinacolada, THE BEST COCKTAIL IVE EVER HAD!! so I got another jug.....lol. Then we ordered our meals, we both had the ribs because I feel its value for money. We didn't order Sushi this time but we usually do and its always very tasty. My son loves the chips here and bread. Overall -good food and drinks but everyone must try the cocktails YUM.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great spot for both visitors to Knysna and locals. The atmosphere is relaxed, warm and inviting. On a hot, lazy summers day, tapas beside the canal is great, and on a cold winter evening the atmosphere is warm in the buzzing restaurant. The manager, John, does a great job of making you feel welcome and well cared for. The samoosas are great but the Thai chicken curry leaves much to be desired. Most of the other dishes we have tried and really enjoyed. The bread that comes with the chicken livers is the best in town. Service is attentive and friendly and this restaurant really buzzes especially on a Wednesday and Friday night.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was one of our best finds in Knysna! We loved the concept of tapas and let me tell you, its amazing how much you can eat when food is served this way! Everything we ordered was delicious but our favourite of the holiday were the stuffed jalepino chilly poppers. Definitely try them, they are awesome...and not very hot, just tasty. I can also attest to the quality of the sushi, which was great and the chorico and squid dish. Also, if you are a cocktail drinker, try the frozen marguarita, it isn't just the bomb. The view from the restaurant is also great, right on the lagoon. Do give this place a try - you won't regret it if you like this type of thing.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants in Knysna. Lovely atmosphere and view of lagoon and Knysna heads. Nice play park across the road. Yummy sushi too.