“Curry evening”

Cafe Z at Conrad Pezula
Ranked #49 of 176 Restaurants in Knysna
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy a casual dining option at Conrad Pezula in our relaxed and stylish bistro, Café Z. Located on the lower level of the hotel, this funky venue has been designed to reflect the natural, organic flavors of the menu; the eclectic décor is warm and inviting, with bright jewel-like colors, on-trend fabrics, comfortable seating and ambient lighting.Executive Chef Geoffrey Murray says Café Z is all about delicious, freshly prepared, beautifully presented food, served in a relaxed environment. The concept was inspired by the success of Geoffrey’s Farm to the Table menus which he launched at Zachary’s in 2010.At Café Z, our menus are constantly evolving to reflect seasonal quality and availability. The food is simple and wholesome - prepared from the fresh produce grown in the resort’s vegetable and herb garden, and sourced from local producers, ensuring a mouth watering array of dishes at consistently excellent value.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had a very nice curry dish at Cafe Z.The food was superb and the service very good.The setting was great and the white table cloths and good cutlery mad the meal even better.It was very good value for money

1  Thank Janfourie
Victor C, General Manager at Cafe Z at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2015

Dear Janfourie

We thank you for your review and for choosing to dine at Café Z.

I am delighted to hear that your food was superb and that you were satisfied with our service.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

As savvy locals, we normally frequent the more cost effective eateries that Knysna offer, but decided on Cafe Z for dinner, as it was a special day to celebrate. We opted for the 'Farm to the Table' set menu. The spectacular sunset and Knysna town views from Pezula, set the tone for dinner and we found the restaurant to be cozy, yet stylish. Staff were friendly and attentive and we never got that 'up-tight' feeling that you might experience at some affluent settings. We had a great evening and the food was a culinary journey to be remembered! Price wise it was a splash for us, and if you’re looking for High class with all the trimmings…maybe try some place else. Café Z provided just enough sophistication for us to feel special, without being fussed over!

1  Thank treeCX
Victor C, General Manager at Cafe Z at Conrad Pezula, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2015

Dear treeCX

Thank you for your review and for choosing to dine at Café Z.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable dining experience and will be sure to share your positive and encouraging comments with the team.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The dining room is lovely, waitress great, nice cosy fire. Waitress recommended lamb ragout. It was a small portion but was so salty I could not eat it. She took it away and replaced it with an even tinier portion. This was also very salty, but by then my husband had finished his dish and I was so hungry I ate it. The waitress said it was the stock that was so salty. My husband had a really great burger though.

Dear HeatherKnysna

Thank you for your review and for choosing to dine at Café Z.

While I pleased to hear that there were some positive aspects to your dining experience, I am disappointed to hear that your meal was not enjoyable.

Please rest assured that we take every opportunity to learn from our mistakes and will use your valuable feedback to make continuous improvements.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Gourmet food with a beautiful view. This is a lovely restaurant especially if you are staying at the Hotel.

Dear GeorgeSAtraveller

Thank you for your review and for choosing to dine at Café Z.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and thank you for your positive feedback which I will be sure to share with the team.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Very disappointing evening to say the least. I've dined at Zachary's and had an incredible dining experience. Cafe Z has come onboard as its cheaper and more accessible to locals as opposed to targeting rich tourists. Well, it truly disappointed. The salad of pine nuts, figs & flowers had exactly one fig which was finely diced & about 8 pine nuts.... Complete rip-off! My main course was a pasta which was so rich & buttery I felt ill until the following morning. My husbands prime rib was the most boring, bland piece of meat he'd ever had. The dessert was great. I mentioned in my booking that it was my birthday and the manageress still acknowledged this, needless to say they forgot on the night... When I mentioned it to another manager he apologised & organised a take-away cake which was very kind of him! The feeling I get it due to one paying less (it is still very expensive) you are given inferior food. We definately won't be back, very , very disappointing.

1  Thank SammyKim

Dear SammyKim

Thank you for you review and for choosing to dine at Café Z.

As you explained in your post, your dining experience was disappointing for which I sincerely apologise.

We take every opportunity to learn from any mistakes we may have made and will use your valuable feedback to make continuous improvements and assist in further training our team.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in us.