“A little piece of HEAVEN!!!”

Knysna Riverside Lodge
Ranked #51 of 103 Specialty Lodging in Knysna
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A little piece of HEAVEN!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was the most awsome ''mini-vacation" that I had ever been on. A good few months ago, I had purchased vouchers(Groupon) for friends of mine who were going up to Knysna for a motor rally. I was supposed to have joined them but some work-related obligation popped up so I had to give it a miss. He had however asked the owners if they would allow small pets on the the property in the future......They were so accomodating and said that it would be a pleasure, and that he just needed to notify them in advance.

About 3 weeks ago, I decided to take my new car on the open road.....So the 3 of us(my bezzie, my 10 mnth old Yorkie and myself) cruised the beautiful and scenic Garden Route.

Greeted by Madelyn, her other half and their little Yorkie(Portos), we immediately felt like this was home....The rooms were really clean, tastefully decorated and offered a breathtaking view. Tea and coffee, clean drinking water as well as clean bedding were replaced on a daily basis and it was bliss waltzing into a clean and tidy room after a day of roaming the lodge's vast but beautiful grounds. Aston and Portos got along like a house on fire......zooming arounding in the reception area and on the beautifully trimmed lawns. There was nothing more that one could ask for........

We spent most of our time at the lodge. We dashed into the town and the Waterfront but it was far too hectic!!! There was nothing more relaxing than the peace and tranquility offered by the Knysna Riverside Lodge.

"Die Gieter" restaurant was really something else! The deco style was equisite, the food, simply to-die-for ......and Dalene's warm smile definately added to the ambience. The kitchen staff were so accomodating and friendly and Ronaldo, an absolute star, as there was no request left unfilled. The breakfast pancakes were soooooo divine that one should not visit Die Gieter without tasting those!!!

Dalene offered my little Mr(Yorkie) a chair and even brought him a marrow bone on a dinner plate! lol. Definately a must-see! We even managed to buy some beautiful Biggie Best gifts to take home to Ouma.

This was my most relaxing trip ever and everybody at Knysna Riverside Lodge were so warm and hospitable that we will be sure to return......even sooner than expected!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vaneshree G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
Secunda
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent two nights at the Knysna Riverside Lodge mid-September (thanks to Groupon!). A lovely place, situated in quiet, beautiful surroundings where there were many birds. Close to Knysna and Sedgefield. The reception and general service was excellent, and the meals we enjoyed at their restaurant, Die Gieter, were out of this world. One small glitch - for some reason or other, our toilet paper was not replenished (awkward!). Other than that, highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were given a forest room away from the main house, which was close enough to everything, but stil...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We arived at the lodge on the 20th august 2012 and stayed over for three nights.As we arrived there i was greeted by madeline and daleen of the riverside lodge. After a stressful journey me and my girlfriend where given the key to our room by madeline and made me and my girlfriend feel very welcome.Our room was to our expectations with very big bath and steaming hot shower.After a lovely and peacful night sleep me and my girlfriend went out the morning where the rooms are cleaned and refreshments and bedding are changed on our return.We had lovely lunch at the restaurant and i will recommend that hamburger and chips with onion rings it was great and there english breakfast.They have a wide range menu with drinks to choose from.I would aslo like to thank madeline husband johann for taking me into town when my car gave me trouble.In my finishing off i would like to say the same in title review KNYSNA RIVERSIDE LODGE LOVELY PLACE WITH FRIENDLY OWNERS and i would recommend any body to go there for a great and peacfull holiday.I would like to wish Johann and Daleen all success in the lodge and there parents to.

Edwin/frorena from cape town goodwood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Durbanville, South Africa
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have spent a lovely one night in this lodge. The people are very friendly, the accomodation was perfect and reasonably priced. The food in the restaurant 'Die Gieter' was absolute delicious and the restaurant has a very interesting interior.

The views on the lake are splendid from the lodge.

We will definitely come back when we are in the Knysna area.

Marc & Susan

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stumbled upon Knysna Riverside Lodge but what a beautiful lodge and wonderful experience! The owners, Johann and Daleen, along with Johann's parents, Johann and Madeline, were very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed two nights at Knysna Riverside, on our way to Cape Town and then again when returned to Po...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Had the time of my life there. Recommend for anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The lodge is situated in a lovely location with stunning views of the knysna lagoon. With the lodge being situated just as you enter Knysna, it gave you that relaxing feeling of being away from it all but still close enough to the Knysna town. The hosts were extremely hospitable and friendly. They provided good ideas and advice as to where to go and what to do in the surrounding areas. This certainly exnhanced our experience. The room we stayed in at the manor house was spacious, clean, well furnished with that antique feel, but still very comfortable. The few complaints on the room was that there was only a bathtub with a hand shower, lack of tv channels and we could hear activity from reception through the walls/floors, with our room being above the reception. Die Gieter resturant on the premises offers a good selection of food and you can see the friendly service of the hosts rubbing off on the waiters in the resturant. The owners have only had the lodge for a few months and based on our visit, we expect great things in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple