“Fab Coffee” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lunar Cafe Knysna
Ranked #60 of 157 Restaurants in Knysna
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We've created the perfect place for you to enjoy your brew, blended to perfection, the café is small and intimate, filling up quickly with a constant buzzing of coffee beans grinding away as wonderful aromas of espresso fill the air. Our grey tables are small and quaint with funky white designer chairs to offset the casual softness of our 80yr old Persian carpet which is proudly displayed in the center of triple volume space.
Worceter Uk
“Fab Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have been using the coffee shop for my frequent visits to Knysna the manager is always very helpful and the coffee in my opinion the best in Knysna. They serve light meals and snaks, wifi also available to chack email. Located in the main shopping area close to Woolies and Spa with great safe parking. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SadieWorceterUk

South Africa
“unfriendly and over-priced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Must have caught the blonde owner/manager lady on a bad day...3 times in a row!! We reluctantly met our local friend here...but again, our presence was barely acknowledged by the service personal. I presume people hang out here because they know the owner or because it's located close to the mall...maybe it's because of the wi-fi service ( which the owner/manager lady seems to be hooked on) The service was slow and when our food eventually arrived, it was served without passion and finesse. We love supporting locals running local businesses, but this place will not see us again! Sorry, you must try harder!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank treeCX
Knysna, South Africa
“One of Knysna's better choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

One of my preferred spots to hang out in the morning. Their barista's cappuccino is amongst the better ones in Knysna. The breakfasts are delicious. And with free wi-fi I can comfortably relax while keeping my in-box clear.

My only disappointment is they no longer roast their own coffee.

• Visited October 2012
Knysna, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not just the best coffee in town - best service too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Pouring simply the best coffee on the Garden Route, Lunar Cafe also serves a menu sure to satisfy the most demanding of taste buds.
But what makes any restaurant or coffee shop truly special, is excellent service - which Lunar Cafe has in spades.
Well done to the friendly and efficient management and staff who are always attentive, always friendly, and always ready with a refill of the best coffee in town.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jacques M
Garden route
“Good and bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

A restaurants success rests on three pillars - ambience , service and food .I think Lunar Cafe is strategically placed in a mall. Seating indoors and outdoors. I liked the ambience The long tables are conducive to meeting friends and strangers .Magazines and newspapers can occupy those alone and/or bored and you will get bored with the service. Talk about slow. I felt a little embarrased asking the rather shy waiter for a menu... The person managing the Cafe was mostly outside smoking or eating or on a laptop.. The only recognition of my presence was given to me when standing up to leave.Wow , a smile and eye contact on departing. What had I done wrong to get the cold shoulder ? I don,t know but here's the rub friends . The coffee is undoubtedly the best in town . The food is simpe ,varied ,well plated and DELICIOUS. Go there . The owners must work urgently on the service . Please. OK ?

• Visited August 2012