“NO TIPS FOR WAITERS,OWNER KEEPS 10% SERVICE FEE”
Review of The Oyster Catcher - CLOSED

The Oyster Catcher
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I agree, food good, service excellent, but I was shocked to find when my waiter at the end of our wonderful visit to THE OYSTER CATCHER recently shared with me, that the 10% service fee, which is so well advertised around the restaurant, do not get to them!!!!!!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

how very disapointing.. after hearing good reports I can only say I will never go back... we waited 20 minutes to have our drinks and food order taken, and then only because I asked for some service... the drinks took a further 10 minutes to arrive and then there was one short.... we ordered Oysters and prawns... by the time two tables who got there after us received their prawns I asked where our order was, only to be told that the kitchen was busy and our food would be out in 5 min... 10 minutes later I advised them that if we did not have it in 5 minutes we would be leaving... eventually it arrived.. I do not know what the oysters were like but the prawns were the worst, most tastless I have had in ages... not to mention not cleaned properly... THEN THEY HAD THE CHECK TO ADD SURCHARGE....

Reviewed January 20, 2012

It is some time since we'd visited The Oyster Catcher which is located at the far end of the Knysna Waterfront and what a pleasant surprise! The atmosphere was great with warm & friendly service and good quality seafood. The oysters were good but there are lots of other choices if you don't fancy eating oysters. The view is amazing and perfect for watching the sun go down over the Lagoon.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

the cooked oysters are to die for
the grilled prawns and calamari is excellent
good value for money
situated at the waters edge of the lagoon
sun downers is a great time to be here
best night in Knysna
kids friendly and they loved it

Reviewed January 5, 2012

the restaurant itself is quite roustic but you'll love the oysters. they are fresh and delicous! AND cheap! service is friendly and the wine pleasant to the taste! very recommendable!