“Yummy African steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harry B's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Harry B's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Harry B's is housed in one of Knysna's oldest homes. Built in 1863 featuring yellowod floors and a spectaculary worn yellow wood staircase, the ballustrade is stink wood.Owner operated,Harry B's is known for their great steaks, beautiful burgers and a general approach promising freshness and great flavours.Harry B's has a small pub which is well supported and features a photo gallery of old Knysna.
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Yummy African steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

...and possibly the best chips I've had in a restaurant! Nice atmosphere and the food was top class.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MsSteel

South Africa
“Great steaks!! Historic restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed in Knysna in July. Harry B's was recommended by our resort as great for a special supper. We ended up going on a Thursday evening and to our surprise it was half price steaks evening! Well worth it. The fillet steaks are to die for by cape town city standards. Soothing music and great service. The owner gave us a tour of old Knysna in pictures to round off a great experience. Will definitely visit every time we're in Knysna

• Visited July 2013
Hobart
“A Haven in Knysna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I read a review by Graeme G who described Harry B's steak as the best steak in Knysna. It was the best steak in the world, Graeme.
An Australian in South Africa, I was taken there by my partner Joan to show me the country of her birth and where she spent the young years of her life. It is a beautiful country and I met some beautiful people - none more so than the staff of Harry B's Bar & Restaurant.
On entering, I was given a whirlwind tour of the establishment, whether I wanted it or not , by Appel the barman. Appel tripped over himself to make us welcome (on one occasion, literally) Over the next few weeks and a hundred beers, he became a friend.
Our waitress, the lovely, friendly, gentle Lisa . Enough said.
And Crystal, our beautiful, serene (she would disagree with that) host and chef. Thank you, Crystal for your WONDERFUL cooking and your company.
Harry B's became a haven and we spent many happy hours at our outside table, watching the people of Knysna going about their life, watching Chris at his stall near the footpath , making his colourful, beaded animals and chatting to his customers and friends.
Crystal, Appel, Lisa, Chris . We love you.
Visit Knysna. Go to Harry B's .It is a wonderful place!

• Visited February 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak in Knysna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The service right from entering was excellent , barman was well informed and was able to recommend a good red wine to go with the most enjoyable rump steak which I have had in a long time , the owner Crystal is hands on and has a real passion for what she is doing.
I will definitely will return for dinner when next in Kysna

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Graeme G
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most delicious food in the garden route!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I drove through from Cape Town to PE and stopped in Knysna at Harry bs for lunch. Meal of the day was steak egg and chips, i paid something like R28.50 so i expected a small portion and not anything as great as i got!!! quality was amazing, steaks cooked to perfection and the best chips I have ever tasted. My vegetarian daughter had the vegetable casserole and claimed never to have tasted anything better. Big ups to the cook!

• Visited April 2013