“Best pizza and pasta resturant visited in Knysna”
Review of Cafe Mario

Cafe Mario
Ranked #17 of 179 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Best Italian pizza and pasta place I have visited in Knysna.
Great cost effective place for afternoon and evening meals.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been supporting Mario's for 2 years now. BUT something has happened. Everyone I speak to says the food has gone down. We ordered "fresh" lasagne - it was dry & I could have done a better job. I think I'll give this place a break for a while.

3  Thank bozzies
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I think my family & I got lucky when we arrived! The place was by no means empty but it was still busy! Thankfully (for us) another couple had not shown up to their booking and we could just walk in! The place appears as if it's quite cramped but it actually isn't, yes you can head the occasionally part of other peoples conversations but that's part of the charm. The staff were very efficient, friendly and the food was gorgeous! They have something to cater for everyone. I find it quite difficult to eat out with my family as my mother is vegetarian, my father pretty much only eats slabs of meat!Not to mention that I don't like fish! Well at this place, this was no problem! They catered for every one of our needs in a quick and efficient way! Wish I could've gone here more!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you want to enjoy this busy little water-side Italian place, you'd better book in advance! Consistently good food, well-run service, long wine list and a menu to suit all tastes kept all at our dinner-table happy. Our 4 teen girls devoured their thin crispy-based pizzas - grateful for the gluten-free pizza too. My husband and I both had veal (limone and marsala) just like mamma would make at home. Linen and candles at night transform this place at night into a cosy spot. Supported by the locals for good reason...good food will always keep customers coming back. A tip : at night it can be a little chilly outdoors, do dress a little warmly or reserve a table inside. Highly recommended when in Knysna.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The correct spelling of this restaurant is actually Caffe Mario! Although there is a great variety of restaurants to try in this Waterfront venue, I will definately go back to Caffe Mario. It specialises in Italian and I had the medallions of fillet in a pepper cream sauce. It was served on HOT plates with tasy vegetables. It was perfectly done (I ordered medium - maybe slightly on the rare side) and it was absolutely delicious. A truly memorable meal. My friend had a pasta dish (not sure which) but she also declared it to be delicious. The service was attentive and efficient but not omni present and can only be described as friendly and cheerful (but not overtly so!). The meal came promptly. I believe that it can get very busy so if you have a choice it might be best to go earlier rather than later. I will make a point of going back.