“Great place”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the manager of our Guest House and it didn't disappoint. It has a great position overlooking the marina. We had not made a reservation but we were given a table with a view as it was a fairly quite night just after a holiday weekend. The food and service were very good and we did not have to wait too long. We were tired and left as soon as we had finished our meal and only found out later that if we had stayed longer we would have been treated to the kitchen staff singing for the guests.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

And we were only in Knysna for 3 nights!! Good food - can recommend the kingclip, sole and fillet steak. And the dessert platter to share was outstanding. Good wine list too and all very reasonably priced. The host is friendly and welcoming and does what he can to ensure his customers have a great evening. And then his staff entertain further by singing!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I dined in JJ’s on Friday 4th October. We were staying in the Protea and found it very handy being literally behind the hotel at the waterfront. Being a strict vegetarian, I had liaised in advance with the staff by email regarding which of their dishes contained cheese suitable for vegetarians, however they were unable to answer this question for me which left my choices extremely limited and we had decided against dining here. That said, it was too handy to turn down on a cloudy damp day so we gave it a go. I had a salad to start and they made a creamy pasta for me which contained no cheese at all, so in that way they catered to my needs well. My husband had fish and thought it was delicious, however I could only go as far as ok for my dinner. The maître-d was lovely, and he along with the rest of the staff were very attentive, so I could recommend this place if you like meat and fish – but if you are vegetarian I’d say go elsewhere.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Built up as the top seafood restaurant in Knysner, turned out to be very over rated. The decor is ruined by bright fluorescent strip lights mounted vertically and poor cheap bright light.
The view into the harbour is very nice but our night was over when a group of about 40 came in and took over in a loud and disturbing way. I'm informed this is quite normal as this has become the place to visit
I love seafood resotto and ordered it as a starter, well I hope nobody from Sicily ever pays a visit because Mr JJ will wake up next to a horses head. Dire.
The main course was Hake and this was ok but not a patch on on hotels (St James) so over all it's weak.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food that we got was so much that we felt bad to waste it. It was delicious. Had some people who came and sang the African melodies too. Very nice atmosphere.