“Christmas at Sirocco's”
Review of Sirocco

Sirocco
Ranked #16 of 177 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: tel:+27 44 382 4874
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a great experience 2 years ago at Sirocco's and decided to book again this year for a much bigger party of 12. Half of these were my family from the UK. We were not disappointed. the food and service was outstanding with a wide choice of meals. We all agreed that this will go done as one of the best Christmas lunches ever.
Thank you Sirocco for a memorable family experience we will never forget.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Had one of the best meals in Knysna thanks Andrew and all your staff for the excellent food and service all of us blown away.

1  Thank Elephanthide
Reviewed January 7, 2014

had supper one evening while on holiday. The portions looked small at first, but after digging in, they were more than adequate. Ordered a seafood curry as I was in the mood for something a little spicy. I was unfortunately disappointed on that front as the meal was not well seasoned. Hubby ordered the kingklip and was not very happy with that either - same issue - seasoning. I'd return for the sushi and the view of the lagoon - which is especially beautiful at night, but not necessarily for the food.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went to Sirocco on Christmas night for dinner. Unfortunately, the service there was extremely slow. The waiter almost got our orders wrong and we had to walked up to the sushi bar to clarify our order. One of us ordered Spaghetti Bolognese as main and that took over an hour for her to get her dinner. Even worse, the bolognese sauce hardly had any meat in it. The rest of our orders was only average. That's why for our 12 days stay in Knysna, we never go back to Sirocco again and we would not recommend it to anyone to go either.

1  Thank angieyca
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I ordered a fish dish, dorado, but was served some inferior tasteless white fish. The chef substituted this fish as they had obviously run out - BAD decision. Then manager introduced himself by saying "I hear you have problem with the fish!" Good start, I thought, good start! BAD attitude.

Half way through my meal, the manager offered to serve us with the proper dish which was gladly accepted, but I requested only the fish, as being hungry by now had started eating the other parts of my dish. We were served small fillets of the tail ends of the fish together with a full portion of very oily chips, maybe to fill the plate up and compensate for the small fillets?

I will not recommend this resturant due to their bad service and poor management attitude to customers. We had a table of 11 and I tasted all other dishes too, but all were very mediocre at best. NOT worth it.

The poor waitress had to deal with incompetent chef and management.

1  Thank BrianElondon