9 on Heron Knysna Bed & Breakfast
Conrad Pezula(Knysna)
$144
$96
Priceline
The Russel Hotel(Knysna)(Great Value!)
$66
$41
$236
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had a pleasurable experience at 9 on Heron, my hosts Margo & Agnieszka were full of fun and laughter, very accommodating, helpful and together with their hospitality it created a comfortable atmosphere.
I arrived needing a place to set up, prepare before and rest after a grueling MTB Race, i received that and much more.
Agnieszka sized me up from the get go and served the perfect breakfast on both mornings i was there, while Margo floated around, entertained and poured all the coffee my body craved, whilst Tao (the Chiakanese Dog) would perform any trick possible for a Dog pellet.
Eager to please Margo would impart local knowledge and any information needed to make my stay as enjoyable as possible (even to help fix my bike), Agnieszka would then elaborate and add a few interesting facts to go with that, whilst Tao would verify this by jumping onto your lap, what a TEAM.
Will i be back ? . . . . definitely.

Room Tip: I was allocated the Green Room, double bed with shower en-suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I would definately recommend this place to everyone going to Knysna.
We got a very spacious and clean room. Excellent breakfast (the only place on our trip that doesn't give the same breakfast every day!). Private parking and free wifi (not really a good signal, but it worked well enough).
The best thing about this place however, where the hosts. They gave us a very warm welcome and did everything to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. They gave us a lot of information about the places we were going to visit, route directions, wheather forecasts, the suggested some very good restaurants etc.
Recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
treeCX, Owner at 9 on Heron Knysna Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Hello again! Thanks for putting up your review and all the nice things you sais..we'll check-out the Wi-Fi signal thing! ;-) Was great to host you and we're sure you'll spread the good word for South Africa and Knysna. All the best and many more happy travelling days to you!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were so impressed with No 9. It felt like a charming log-cabin in the woods. We loved our room and its verandah. The open-plan dining room/lounge with lots of books and a wonderful atmosphere was the perfect setting for a SUPERB breakfast. We were made very welcome by Margo and Agneshka - and even offered a soothing cream for my mosquito bites (bitten before arriving!). Greatly appreciated! We will definitely go back if we ever return to South Africa. Thank you!

Room Tip: We had the downstairs adjacent suite. A charming setting, comfortable room and a verandah with table and chairs to enjoy the woody garden. Highly recommended!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue Peter A
Reviewed May 15, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in Knysna, I definately recommend it We spent two nights at 9 Heron Way and the owners went out of their way to go the extra mile for us. They had a extra room available, and in order to give my son and I more privacy, the extra room was offered to us at no extra cost. This far exceeded my expectations of what was expected. The hotel is very quiet and secure. The breakfasts are really excellent as well, with a lovely view of gardens and trees. The owners are very much there for their guests at all times,and are extremely friendly, and offer lots of advice of day trips and tours. I will definately stay here again on my next trip to Knysna.

Room Tip: The corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in Knysna, we definitly recommend it. We spent two nights at this very friendly B&B at the end of March. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was just perfect! My son enjoyed a free Wi-Fi. I - the secure parking and garden. But what we liked most of all was a very welcome atmosphere and good advises that Margo and Agneshka gave us. With their help we planned perfectly both days and all recomendations were very handful.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family