“Great place to eat”

O Pescador Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 160 Restaurants in Knysna
Cuisines: Seafood, Portuguese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: South African Portuguese cuisine. Seafood, chicken and steaks prepared on order. Outside deck seating with beautiful views of the harbour Excellent food and excellent service. Chef is the owner.
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to eat here and were not disappointed. The menu is varied and very good value. Sean, one of the owners, was very helpful in explaining the menu and was a great host. The other staff were very polite and attentive. Our food was very tasty and well presented. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited December 2013

• Czech first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Spent three weeks in South Africa. Friends had heard of O Pescador and recommended it. From the greeting by the hostess (owner's wife) to the recommendations of the Sommelier the atmosphere was most enjoyable. The server, who was a gem, explained the several types of fish on the menu. We loved a local fish, Kabeljou, that was grilled to perfection. The overall Portuguese influence of the menu and wine list was present. I treated my friends to their first bottle of Vino Verde. After dinner, the owner escorted us out and we had a wonderful conversation.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank IRNIEO
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Be careful what you order”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went for a meal during our stay in Knysna while we were in S Africa. My husband ordered chicken which arrived already chopped into pieces but about a third of the way through eating his meal he cut into a piece of chicken to find the centre raw. The meal was promptly removed - but no apology. He was given another dish about 10 mins later which was ok but he was obviously wary of eating it. The owner arrived after 15 mins to apologies which I pointed out was too late. To cap it all we had to pay for the raw chicken meal! To be fair my fish was lovely but the raw chicken did cast a negative feeling over the meal.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank LandR86
Knysna, South Africa
“True hospitality and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

O'Pescador. What a lovely place. I visited last Tuesday with my boyfriend and we were recieved with so much warmth from start to finish. Our waiter, Welcome (yes that's his name do I need to say more?) is such a lovely chap. He knows his menu and all recommendations was great. Everything on the menu looked so delicious and I got myself a salad for an appetizer. My boyfriend enjoyed the Mozambican beer and we had wine afterwards. Espetada was great. Really hands-on service from waiters and owners alike. Sean, one of the owners, and Lodette visited our table throughout and to me that was quite special having them around and overseeing everything. And friendly! We had such a good time we stayed much longer than we planned. After another bottle of wine and desserts we unwillingly left and comforted ourselves with the thought that we shall be back. Thank you guys for a stunning night. Wish you all the best.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jules_Smirf
Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
“Superb food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Lovely setting, lovely atmosphere and ambience. I had the prawn curry which was cooked to perfection. The service was good too.

Visited October 2013