“Pleasant Experience”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We enjoyed an early evening meal at The Drydock and were most impressed. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived but filled up quickly, service was efficient and friendly.

The filet of beef is advertised as being from Botswana, this was my choice and I wasn't disappointed, it was out of this world. I chose the rosemary potatoes as my accompaniment and that's what I was served, meat and potatoes! A bit of a disappointment, but the waiter quickly brought a side dish of sliced veg which made all the difference, I'm surprised though that it's not automatic, for presentation if nothing else.

My other half ordered the Drydock Platter sushi and proclaimed it as good as any she has had.

With beers (a few) the bill came to just over R300 which was excellent value. Watching boats coming and going into the marina and life passing by while downing a cold beer is totally relaxing, I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for The Drydock Food Co

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were given a table at the water's edge as requested. Food was very good and well prepared. We had a complaint about bones in the fish (the menu says bones have been removed), and the mangeress was quick to offer to re-do the dish and to make good. That alone serves as a strong recommmendation. Quantities were probably too large, but there was good value for money. Service was a bit slow, but then there was a full house - no empty tables which is always a good sign.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a lovely meal at this Restaurant on our first Wedding Anniversary. The manager went out of her way to make our night special. The waiter who served us was excellent and well trained! He reccomended the Line fish Fontana and it was probaply the best meal we had on our Garden Route Trip. Well done! A definate must when in Knysna!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

On a recent trip to Knysna I stopped by Drydock for a hot chocolate as I've heard they make the best cuppa in town. So glad I made the effort! Even though the restaurant was very busy I was shown to my table immediately. Hot chocolate arrived within 5 minutes and was absolutely yummy! Fast service and an excellent view to boot. Very happy.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This restaurant was recommended since it is right on the harbor in town. However, the tables were uncomfortable, and the food was terrible. None of us had a decent meal--the oysters were dry, the fish not well prepared, and crab in the crab roll was fake and tasteless. What a disappointing meal. To add to the poor meal, the area was very touristy and full of noisy people.