“Good food, great view”

Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Correct food and excellent wine, at the Heads. Discovered on the wine list a nice South African "Sangiovese" which is worth discovering and trying.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I had the most wonderful evening here a few days ago. We had a wonderful evening of good food and wine in a most idyllic and romantic location. The service was quick and the food was delicious, we were having a good time, so we lingered. Thank You Cornuti for making my 15th wedding anniversary memorable.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Lucky we walked out of this one!
While on a romantic bike trip me and the wife ended up for lunch at The Heads in Knysna.
After the legs were stretched we started to look for a place to eat.
That is where you find the only nice thing about this restaurant “The view & Proximity” to the ocean and yes sadly this is what lure a lot of unexpected customers in this trap of a place.
We stand in the front for a long time with no one insight to seat customers.
After a walk around and a few waiters dashing pass to afraid to seat you I through my hands in the air and then sure I got my first response from a staff member. The bartender at the back off the shop threw his in the air as well.
This was the sign to leave and we did.
On return of our trip I was not intend to write a revue but after discover all the horror revues I changed my mind.
Hope they shape up “The Word is Your Oyster” in a place & location like The Heads.

1  Thank SunTraveller4
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This restaurant has not just gone down hill there has been a major landslide! What a great loss for Knyna - our recent experience there as follows...polite waitress took our orders 3 ordered grilled calamari to start we waited a considerable time when it arrived it was breaded so went back. Then we waited and waited when it was delivered to table for 2nd time it looked as if the breadcrumbs had been scraped off!! It was inedible and was served with chips (a first for all of us). Asked to see "Manager" who assured us they always serve chips with calamari starter!!
Now we wait for main course by now its 9.30 we had arrived 8 ish. We repeatedly asked when is our main course coming - any time now we were told. Eventually after needing blood pressure tablets we asked for the bill stating that we would only pay for drinks. We received no apology from the manager who seemed totally ineffectual. Whoever the owners of this restaurant are need to get there pretty quickly and sort out the sorry mess that is happening.

1  Thank Rosie B
Reviewed January 30, 2013

4 couples, we sat "ordered" our dinner at 9:45 eagerly awaiting dinner having consumed expensive drinks in the interim only to be informed at 10:30 that the kitchen had closed. Er…what establishment does this to patrons. Total disbelief as we had placed our order. After one of our guest who had arrived at 9:00 that same eve got up and walked into the kitchen and voiced his utter disgust at the kitchens sorry attitude they fired up the kitchen again and called back the chef. Dinner eventually arrived. Do have have to explain that it was a complete flop…wrong fish for three of us and completely undercooked vegetables. My partner and myself on a previous experience ordered pizza 3 days prior to this simply never ever received our cutlery or serviettes after 2 request so we proceeded to eat by hand. On both occasions there was no management at this potentially amazing place. It is placed on the water edge and has potential. If only they can get there food and service sorted. One of my worst eating out experiences. shame on you Cornuti

1  Thank Justcruizing