“Great buzz to this place”
Review of 34 South

34 South
Ranked #15 of 164 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Not exactly a restaurant... Not exactly a bar... Definitely not a deli... Well, not exactly a deli... It's an eating place, a drinking place and definitely a meeting place. And it's a gift shop, a clothing emporium, a food store, a fish monger and a bakery, too. And the finest wine shop this side of the grape curtain. And it's always on one, single line of latitude - the 34th parallel (but only on the Waterfront at the Knysna Quays).
Havant
“Great buzz to this place”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Ate here on two occasions, dinner and lunch, and while fairly simple food the quality is excellent. I had the grilled hake and either baked sweet potato/fries both times and my wife raved over the skewer of hake and kingklip. They also had Mitchell's beers on draught which are extremely good especially after Castle lager. Large menu, reasonable prices, great service and a funky interior.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Fish galore”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

What a fabulous place to eat on a lovely day. The menu is extensive but the fish of the day is always the freshest! Started with grilled sardines and followed closely by the Kingclip with veg and French fries all washed down with a couple of glasses of wine! Busy atmosphere but service quite slow. You need to eat early here but food always good as long as you don't mind a wait. Interesting surroundings with the deli area and dry food options. Used to have a vast toy car collection upstairs but think that has been moved?

Knysna
“Lunch Friday Special”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had Lunch on Friday and tried they Special of the Day Calamari, Chips and Salad. Well cooked and very reasonably priced an enjoyable lunch at a very good price. Well Done!!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“RIP OFF ON DELI MENU ITEMS”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We'd arrived feeling just a little peckish and decided to have the self service deli selection, rather than a big meal,as well as a bottle of wine and a beer or two.
Of our party of 6 only one had a calamari dish.The other 5 chose 3 of the smallest plates (with sections) and shared these tiny portions of chili calamari,snoek pate and small shrimp in a sauce.
The 5 shared this "starter" between them .
When we requested the bill I was about to pay for my guests (from UK and Germany) which totalled very close to R900.
It seemed a lot and when I checked I saw that the 3 tiny starter plates had been costed at R571 forming the major part of the bill???
I asked the waitress who informed me that they had just put the prices up considerably to catch the busy festive period (the restaurant was almost empty).
Decided to inform the owner who gave me a long "explanation" and furnished me his card.
I've always considered 34 DEGREES as one of my favourite stop offs in Knysna and have had the deli selection (it's hardly caviar but a nice little gap filler) a number of times over the years without feeling in any way "ripped off".
This time I felt very much so,despite giving the owner an opportunity to "make good".

He gave me his card and said he hoped to see me there again soon.
HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!

Guys there's lots of competition out there.The following day we lunched at a little tapas place at THESENS and our bill for a huge sushi meal for 4 of us with 2 bottles of wine and a few beers amounted to R450,a lot less than the 3 tiny starter portions of the day before.
PITY!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fun”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My lady and I thoroughly enjoy the fresh seafood and friendly service from gabby.excellent value for money and beautiful setting for sundowers!!
A definite MUST DO in knysna.
Thanks guys.