“Sushi time!”
Review of 34 South

34 South
Ranked #11 of 176 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Not exactly a restaurant... Not exactly a bar... Definitely not a deli... Well, not exactly a deli... It's an eating place, a drinking place and definitely a meeting place. And it's a gift shop, a clothing emporium, a food store, a fish monger and a bakery, too. And the finest wine shop this side of the grape curtain. And it's always on one, single line of latitude - the 34th parallel (but only on the Waterfront at the Knysna Quays).
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very fresh and nice sushi. The place was fully booked when we went there, so we choose to sit at the sushi table where the dishes of fresh made sushi passes on a conveyor belt! We had a ball!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,266)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

A big and lively place directly at Knysna's waterfront, not exactly for romance, but friendly and with a good choice of seafood. The combos (fish, prawns, calamari) are all fine, and if you look for even more try one of the platters. Some of the wines are also served by the glass. Service is casual and can be a bit slow when the place is busy (which it often is). Try to get a table on the outside terrace (covered), it's less packed than inside. All in all rather good value for money, and if you come with friends to have a great night out you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Went to this restaurant with high expectations following reccomendation from Travel agent and good reviews on Tripadvisor.
I have no idea what people see in this restaurant, my travel agent made a reservation for us 4 weeks in advance, we ended up with a table where people were constantly squeezing past us as the place is packed with way too many tables, it was 55 minutes from sitting down too receiving our starter, or should I say my starter, my wife's soup arrived 5 minutes after mine, which I had almost finished.
There was then another lengthy gap before our main course arrived, at no point did the waitress return to see if we wanted another drink.
Due to the service we decided to forget having desert and a coffee and left.
Unfrotunately that wasn;'t the end of our issues, it would appear that my seafood paella or Sardine starter wasn't cooked properly as later in the night I became quite unwell.
If I had the option of giving zero stars for service I would!!!

1  Thank Dave1104
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Lovely restaurant situated next to the water. We had cocktails one afternoon while waiting for our yacht cruise they were very yummy, we went back another day for sushi, it was very fresh and sooo delicious.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Located on the waterfront this large sea food restaurant is ideally situated within this upmarket and very American town. The place was busy and quite noisy but had a brilliant friendly atmosphere. ideal for a group, less suitable for a quiet romantic meal. The menu was good and obviously sea food was the main attraction and it was superb and decent value considering the location and he friendly service added to the experience. A great night out.

1  Thank Staffsmartin