“Best dinner on the garden route”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #5 of 172 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Olive Tree Restaurant Trading hours; Dinners only, Monday to Saturdays in Season> from 6.30pm till kitchen close at 9pm.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Amazing food, great atmosphere. I had the lamb chops that melt in your mouth and my husband had the fish bake of the day - both a must. The owner is very passionate and talks you through the blackboard which is a lovely personal touch. A great way to spend our last night in the town.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great food. The blackboard menu is a nice idea. I had Stuffed Chicken with pasta and my husband had the Chicken Curry with Rice. The curry was exceptional.
It is advisable to reserve in advance.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

It's all true! Overall a really great meal. Some in the group were less enthusiastic, but plates sent back clean. Kids well catered for, just ask.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely surprise this restaurant is!! The food is superb and the service even more. Our waitress Nolene was very friendly, polite and well spoken. Initially when we reserved there was no table available as the restaurant was already fully booked. When the person on the other side of the telephone heard our disappointment, they offered us a table on condition that we come early and be finished by the time the people who reserved it came in. We were just too happy to do that! We made sure to be there in advance and was so early we had to wait for them to open :-) What a lovely surprise when we were spotted waiting in the car and then invited into the restaurant!
Well, we were not disappointed with our food either and it was really worth our while. I had a lovely tomatoe soup which is highly recommended and my main course was even better: Lamb chops cooked to perfection!!
Thank you guys, you are definitely doing something absolutely right.
We will definitely be back for more!!

1  Thank Elmarie B
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

This has been the best dinner I had for a long time (.....and I dine a lot).

We arrived at 18h00 but the restaurant only opens at 18h30. Sitting outside in my car waiting for the restaurant to open I had a knock on my window. It was the manager/owner of the restaurant inviting us inside.

We've ordered tomato soup for a starter. It was great. I ordered fillet steak and my wife lamb chops. Wow, what can I say - it was excellent. The fresh vegetables with the meat was great and a big surprise.

I do however believe the owners can look at the wine list as there are many "unknown" wines on the menu. Maybe I just don't know the wines that well.

This is a must visit restaurant and they will see me regularly. Well Done!

1  Thank Christo B