“Good food and a good atmosphere”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #4 of 167 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Olive Tree Restaurant Trading hours; Dinners only, Monday to Saturdays in Season> from 6.30pm till kitchen close at 9pm.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay in Knysna, the food was very fresh and interesting. I particularly enjoyed the fish soup one evening, it was light and flavoursome, I could also recommend the fillet salad, the beef was perfectly cooked and very tender. My husband thought the pasta dish he had one night was also very good. We look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank jamly
There are newer reviews for The Olive Tree

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Lamb Chop, Steak salad, and curry were fantastic. Service was great. Recommend it for a casual fantastic meal in Knysna.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We ate at the Olive Tree last night so this review is absolutely up to date. We enjoyed our meal and although the restaurant was fully booked we didn't feel crowded and the air conditioning worked very well. For starters I had the home made tomato soup. It was nicely seasoned, quite rustic with skin and seeds left in but thats fine for me. My husband chose the spring rolls and as other reviewers have said they were very good. We followed with baked hake, a generous portion and well cooked. Veggies not very interesting. My curry was more a chilli not the depth of flavour that I expect from the roasted and ground fresh spices. A little disapointing but still enjoyable. Shared cheesecake for desert, light and tasty, needed a little fruit coulis for contrast to the sweetness. This is not fine dining or haute cuisine but where is in Knysna. It was a pleasant meal and I would go again.
You MUST book in advance

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Olive Tree is a restaurant that knows what works. Their menu is filled with a variety of mouth-watering choices and their staff know them inside and out. My partner and I split a salad and then both ordered the fish for our main. They were delicious, not overcooked and generous portions. For dessert we had the clementine cake, this was unfortunately disappointing as it was very bland and not well garnished. The restaurant itself could use some space. They have too many tables crammed into the small space so there is very little room for maneuvering. They were fully booked on the night we ate there and it was clear as the staff seemed overwhelmed. We had difficulty getting the attention of anyone to get a refill of water and then later we gave up in trying to get someone to bring us the bill and just went up to the front ourselves. The atmosphere is dark and romantic which makes it a great place for date night.

1  Thank Travelbuggie1983
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were staying in Knysna for three weeks and noticed in passing each day that this restaurant was always busy.
We decided to give it a try and it turned out to be one of the best meals of our South African Vacation.
We both had the bobotie spring rolls which were fabulous . I had the chicken prawn curry which was great and my husband the steak which was cooked to perfection.
The staff were very courteous and although it was a busy Saturday evening we didn't,t feel rushed.
We would thoroughly recommend this place on a trip to Knysna.

Make sure you make a reservation in summer .

1  Thank lorna p