“Tasty dinner with great service”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #4 of 164 Restaurants in Knysna
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Olive Tree Restaurant Trading hours; Dinners only, Monday to Saturdays in Season> from 6.30pm till kitchen close at 9pm.
Portland, Oregon
“Tasty dinner with great service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a great dinner at the Olive Tree. The restaurant featured Italian inspired dishes, with skillfully combined flavors and house made pastas. The service was great; the owner was especially accommodating and sweet with my sons.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Christine T

• Arabic first
Knysna, Western Cape, South Africa
“One of Knysna's finest!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've often heard that The Olive Tree was one of Knysna's finest restaurants, but I never had an opportunity to sample its offerings until recently.
On a blistery cold evening, my wife and I had reason for celebration and decided to seek out a cosy place for a good meal. The Olive Tree was our choice after a very friendly and inviting phone call to the owner.
We duly arrived wet and cold from the stormy night - and were warmly welcomed into the inviting and cosy eatery. And as luck would have it, met some of our best friends and ended with a large table, So we were able to sample and try lots of different items off the menu.
The menu is a small chalk board and included fillet (for which they are famous), which some of our part ordered and declared to be some of the best fillet ever tasted. One person ordered a vegetarian bake which was an interesting assortment of grilled and baked vegetables - well presented and tasty. My partner and I ordered a very tasty prawn curry with Basmati rice and sambals. Truly a marvelous main course. Deserts were a highly recommended cheese cake - and we were not disappointed. In one word: superb!
We had Arabella wine with the meal - which seemed a little pricy - about twice the price I would pay for the same bottle at the store.
Not a cheap night out - most main course meals were R125 plus (Vegetarian was R95).
However - a wonderful night out, faultless and tasty food, an attentive but not intrusive hostess and overall one of my best dining experiences in the Garden Route. I will be back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank LexFaure
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Cozy place, fresh food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This restaurant is a small and cozy place.The menu is on a chalk board and there are many options. The food is very good and well served. The owner is also a very pleasant person.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank tatibarro
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Waste of Time”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

They had no food and turned us away. Never had that happen in 30 years of dining. Zero food? Went to Olde's which is just 2 two blocks away on Gray Street two nights in a row and it was excellent pub grub. Olive Tree living off laurels - avoid.

• Visited June 2013
6 Thank s s
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

First visit and I have to say the service the staff were all top notch, but the food was fabulous. I had lamb chops. Now I am quite fussy with lamb but wow !! Credit where it is due, probably the best I have had ever certainly in the last few years. And my partners steak was equally as good. the chef cooks in the piza oven, different but certainly enhances thevflavours. we are Going back in a couple of days as that good.

Visited June 2013