“Outstanding meal and service”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #5 of 172 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Olive Tree Restaurant Trading hours; Dinners only, Monday to Saturdays in Season> from 6.30pm till kitchen close at 9pm.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We read about Olive Tree on Trip Advisor. We drove into Kynsna and it was early for dinner, but Ellen agreed to seat us as she was fully booked the rest of the evening. We had a wonderful meal. I had a fresh hake with roasted vegetables that was mouth watering! I still remember how fabulous it was! My other half had a beef filet with a mushroom pepper sauce, it was done to perfection! Service was wonderful! You won't be disappointed if you can eat at The Olive Tree.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We tried The Olive Tree as a result of reviews on this website and weren't disappointed. I ordered the stuffed chicken on pasta which was out of this world, my mouth still waters at the thought of it. My other half had the fillet and while she enjoyed it, she found that the sauce was a bit on the minimalist side. Only issue was that it was quite hot, the owner had fans running but they only helped a little, it definitely needs air conditioning during the summer months.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Warm, friendly and attentive service overall, but the waitress was reluctant to bring extra ice as there were "2 pieces" already in the glass. Was also reluctant to put the sugar bowl on the table - kept asking "do you want sugar?" a few times before letting us have the sugar. Food was good, though there could've been more sauce, Food presentation was good. Ambiance and was warm and cosy. Overall - very good and we would definitely return.

1  Thank patricia w
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I decided to visit this wonderful restaurant based on the reviews on trip advisor. They were not wrong. The food choices were wonderful, it was hard to choose what to have. I had fillet medallions with a tomato and an anchovy sauce. It was a wonderful combination. My mouth is watering just thinking back on how delicious it all was. When in Knysna again, we will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Staff were fun, vibrant and very knowledgible about their menu.
This place was value for money and had a great vibe.