“Good honest food, personable service - simple but effective!”
Review of Chatters Bistro

Chatters Bistro
Ranked #9 of 171 Restaurants in Knysna
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chatters is famous for thin-n-crispy, made-to-order pizzas, a great wine list and home-made desserts. Owner-run, with a casual feel and friendly service style. Outside garden area for warm summer evenings and an inside area with a wood-burning stove, or an enclosed patio for the cooler winter evenings. Extensive wine list available (corkage not permitted and no license for take-away alcohol). Please book to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Having eaten in JJs the night before, we ventured out to Chatters the next night. The contrast was strong. The food is honest, tasty and the service is very friendly in Chatters (JJs wasn't so good - see my review). The price was fair - about 300 ZAR inc service for pizza, a bottle of wine, salad. I would definitely return here in the future. It's not a fussy place, but great for a simple meal out.

1  Thank foiegras99

Reviewed June 10, 2010

My husband and I visited Knysna in April (2010). We stayed at The Rex Hotel and on our first night we ate down at the water front. The food was terrible - touristy, pricey and nothing was great. The next night we asked the owner of our hotel for a local recommendation and he recommended Chatters. Well, were we ever impressed! We sat on their cute little patio, the music, the people and the food were all fabulous. We went three more times before we left. If you go make sure you save room for dessert and tell the owners we say "hello". [Chatters is run by a young, vibrant couple who are genuinely good people. You may even get their close friends or family as your server...so be nice and tip well! (; ]

3  Thank jwinga
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Doesn't claim to be anything other than it is; a great pizza restaurant with an exceptional wine list. My wife and I were made to feel very welcome and we will definitely go back. The setting is quite rustic but it adds character. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate torte; it was stunning!

2  Thank travellerblogs
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Fine for a pizza and a glass of wine, but if you want Italian food in Knysna, then you should head elsewhere. Not worthy of No 1 spot in Trip Advisor. Atmosphere nice, but food very unimaginative...pasta, burgers, and pizza.

1  Thank shamemily
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My wife and I ate at the Chatters Bistro at end of Jan 2010. The place is run by an English lady and her dad. My Pizza was fine but my wife's meal was terrible. It was a Ciabatta sandwich with french fries. The chips were cold, soggy and covered in grease. When she complained, the guy admitted. they had problems in the kitchen and offerrred 50 rand off the bill (thats 45p) from a £30 bill. Just imagine if a UK restaurant offerred that! Seriously I think the owners just take on far too much with a very small kitchen with local only staff. Pizzas are their limit. If you want anything else to eat go elsewhere

3  Thank Jock_Aberdeen