“lovely location, good food and service”
Review of The Harbour Rock

The Harbour Rock
Ranked #12 of 116 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Sushi, African, Seafood, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I enjoyed a meal at the Harbour Rock while travelling on my own a few weeks ago. I hadn't booked and the restaurant was very busy. Being on my own I would have preferred a table at the side or with a view however I appreciate I hadn't booked and the staff were very helpful in fitting me in. The atmosphere was very nice and the fir was welcoming. I had a steak which was delicious and quite large so I didn't have any other courses. Excellent location for staying in a guest house at this end of town. I have only scored 4 because as I only had one course I didn't feel I had sampled enough to score 5 but I would recommend as a lovely place for a meal.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I recently enjoyed a relaxing Friday night meal at The Harbour Rock. The service was good and the staff were friendly. The meal was delicious and the atmosphere was both cosy and inviting. I can highly recommend the Pad Thai and the Sashimi.

Very enjoyable

Reviewed October 29, 2012

we were looking for a convenient restaurant to our B+B, Whale Rock Lodge.....this was maybe 3 blocks away and took our walk in business.

My wife had prawns and I had the linefish of the day. Both were well prepared. We were tired so we didn't indulge too much. the waiter/service was good - and both portions were "hardy" - I belive my wife only ate 4 or 5 of the 6 prawns.....and I struggled to eat all my fish which was well prepared.

the view was nice of the "new port" - it was a rainy night and the fishermen were still having at it down on the warf.

the bar seemed to be really rocking on the other side of the wall....

very nice, wouldn't hesitate to eat here again

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The location is breathtaking. looking over the bay. Late in October the whales were still in the bay and we could see more than 10 from our table. The service was very friendly. We had a seafood platter which was very good. There is a good wine list.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very popular and noisy. Service very good, food very good, price very reasonable. A good venue for always ant evening.