“Wonderful weekend away at Blue Gum Country Estate”

Blue Gum Country Estate
Ranked #13 of 85 Hermanus B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a fabulous weekend at Blue Gum Country Estate. From our beautiful room overlooking the vineyards and mountains, to the incredible food and personalised service, our stay was everything we wished for and more. It is the little things that make the diffference, and Anton, our host, made sure that we had everything that we needed from the moment that we arrived until the end of our stay. I would recommend the guesthouse to anyone looking for a romantic weekend away, travellers on a self-drive trip or families looking for a home away from home.

Janine Krook
Inspired2Explore

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
BlueGumCountryEstate, Owner at Blue Gum Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Toni and Janine

Thank you for the kind words, it is most appreciated. At Blue Gum we always aim to give our guests a personalised service and we honestly believe that the little touches that you experienced can change a good experience to a great experience.

You are always most welcome at Blue Gum!

There are newer reviews for Blue Gum Country Estate

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Invested in a family holiday at Gumtree on Easter weekend. What an absolute treat. Our 3 year old son had such a great time and we met some wonderful new people. the activities in the surrounding area are fabulous for the whole family. Anton and Tarryn were wonderful hosts. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zaheadblader

Hello zaheadblader

Thank you for the review you posted and thank you for coming to stay at Blue Gum over Easter. We were glad to be able to spend this special time of year with you and your family, and we are thrilled to have met you, Heidi and Zacy, whom our son, Sebastian, absolutely loved!

We hope you will return very soon, and that Blue Gum can be like a "home away from home"

Reviewed June 8, 2012

My girlfriend and I are extremely busy at work and needed a place that was tranquil to get away to. It is well known that first impressions last and just by the fact we were met half way to the reception already amazed us. When we walked into the room, the open plan bathroom and bedroom was just amazing. The funny thing is that my girlfriend said the day before how nice it would be to wake up to a view - well, she got just that. Part of our package was a 3 course dinner being a tartlet, oxtail and chocolate fondant. My girlfriend doesnt really enjoy oxtail but she was taken back on how nice this was. The tartlet was so good, she wants to know try it at home. Everyone, like myself, will try and save a few rands where they can, however, the luxury and service excellence Blue Gum provides warrants a far higher charge than what they are currently asking. It was unfortunate we went in the month of June so we could not utilise the tennis court, pool or bikes, however, we are almost certain to be back in summer. Thanks to Anton, his wife and the staff. From Nino and Stacey

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
BlueGumCountryEstate, Owner at Blue Gum Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Dear Nino and Stacey

I would like to thank you for this glowing review. I am truly glad that you enjoyed yourselves. At Blue Gum we always aim to provide the highest standard of service and hospitality and as you said yourself the view and the beautiful surroundings take care of the rest! We are most blessed to be in such a magical place and I am very glad we could share it with you (if for only a few days).

If you are requiring the recipe for the Blue Cheese tartlet please email me, the chef is more than happy to share his recipe.

You are always most welcome at Blue Gum and I hope to see you again very soon

Warm Regards from a chilly Stanford

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Just got back from a 3-night getaway at Blue Gum. Tarryn and Anton were incredibly friendly and hospitable, rooms were clean and nicely furnished, and the common areas were cosy and inviting. Not only is it a peaceful, secluded, romantic spot, it is surprisingly child-friendly! My toddler had an amazing time exploring the estate and playing in the sandpit. Will definitely be returning. Thank you!

Room Tip: My favorite room was the lion room. Stunning views, outdoor seating, just lovely!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Vanessa, Devin and little Hudson

I hope you are all well? Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it truly is most appreciated.

Our aim at Blue Gum is to make this magical place a home away from home for our guests and I am so glad that we could do this for you for these few days. We pray that you will return to Blue Gum soon and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Very beautiful place to stay in Stanford. Food was excellent, service was perfect, accommodation is 5 star and the surroundings are really beautiful and relaxing. Definitely recommend staying at Blue Gum any time of year.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catherine M
BlueGumCountryEstate, Owner at Blue Gum Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Hi Catherine

Thank you for the lovely review, my staff and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We always aim to provide "5 star service". I hope very much to welcome you back to Blue Gum in the near future!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We only stayed at Blue Gum for one night but were very comfortable and it was ideal for my grandson who enjoyed the outdoor experience and had all the comforts of being at home. Great after breakfast cycle around the farm too which we needed after the large breakfast. Thanks Tarryn and Anton for your kind hospitality!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank June A
BlueGumCountryEstate, Owner at Blue Gum Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you June and Neil. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at Blue Gum. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were in Blue Gum over the long weekend and I wish we stayed longer..it is such a lovely country estate with so many little additional special touches that made me feel so at home. Staff gave us the 5 star treatment from the moment we arrived. Totally child friendly and so relaxing for the adults. Food at the restaurant was excellent. I recommend this place for any sort of gateaway..am already planning my trip back with friends !
Thanks T and A !!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shaminbowry
BlueGumCountryEstate, Owner at Blue Gum Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Bowry Family

Thank you for the glowing review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed yourself at Blue Gum Country Estate, it was a great pleasure having you stay.

We hope to see your lovely family here soon again

Thanks and Kind Regards