We last visited Misty Waves in 2005 and had such a good time it was the first hotel booked on our latest trip.
We stayed in the Fishermans cottage in 2005, so decided to do the same again. This gives you the feeling of being independent from the main hotel but with all the facilities on hand if required.
As there were 6 of us we had all 3 cottages and soon discovered that all the rooms differed in style and quality. I am not sure if the rooms had not been used for a while but all 3 rooms felt damp and cold. Heaters were supplied in all the rooms and we left them on most of the time to try and take away the dampness.The rooms had a general feel of tiredness and neglect.These are historic rooms with the victorian bathroom and shower and this is part of the charm but looked a little rundown. The shower head falling off on the first night was not expected. A drink was spilt on one of the tiled floors and a hankerchief used to clean up, this had to be thrown away afterwards as it was filthy. I missed the viewing balcony on top of the hotel which has been enclosed to create another floor since our last visit. I do not want this review to seem all negative as the staff were wonderful, they worked hard to repair the shower and were always on hand to give advice for day trips or restaurants. The location is great, with the coastal path over the road. The walk into the town centre is easy and we made it a number of times a day. This is still one of the best hotels in the area but next time I will look for a room in the main hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel**** Lie in bed and watch the whales from your luxury suite. Amazing new additions done to the already stunning hotel! Very impressive Penthouse Level Suites like most rooms with magnificent views on the whales in season. The hotel outsourced their restaurant to two well known restauranteurs and it moved to the popular fisherman's heritage cottage "Mon Desir" next to the hotel pool. The buffet breakfast is still outstanding and hotel management on duty ensure that the restaurant provide the same high quality, presentation and service as in the past. Enjoy the sun heated pool and whirlpool or the private Jacuzzi! Just a four minute walk to the historic Hermanus Village Centre with craft markets, Whale House Museum, Old Harbour Museum and 30 plus excellent restaurants to choose from. Hotel also arranges a variety of nature experiences such as water rafting, water tubing, shark cage diving, whale watching in season, forest adventures such as tree top sliding, rock climbing and scenic quadbike trips through the Hemel & Aarde with world famous wine estates. New additions such as addiditonal luxury suites and a lovely 16 seater cinema/theater are now available for the use of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misty Waves Boutique Hermanus
- Hotel Misty Waves Boutique