“Ribs Ribs Ribs”

Cattle Baron
Ranked #26 of 118 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The only steakhouse in Hermanus situated in the heart of the village on Lemm's Corner / Harbour Square. The Cattle Baron Grill & Bistro aims to be the place for friendship, great food, a relaxed atmosphere and great service. Hand cut steaks and specializing in Chateaubriand fillet, well matured rumps and sirloin are simply the best in town. Ribs and seafood, salads and desserts, great coffee and a delightful wine menu featuring many local greats. All the favourite specialities are made with passion and flair. Try the Stuffed Mushrooms for Starters, tasty deep-fried white buttons filled with a delicate mixture of cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and sherry and served with our unique tartar sauce. For a healthy option, have the Beetroot and Butternut Salad, a delicious mix of grilled beetroot, roasted butternut, feta cheese, rocket and toasted onions. For mains, try the Grilled Sole, brushed with a choice of lemon or garlic butter or for meat lovers, have the Bar-B-Que Spare Ribs - pork loin ribs flame-grilled with our famous BBQ rib basting (500g or 1kg) or the Chateaubriand - fillet flambéed with brandy and served with mushroom sauce and Cattle Baron béarnaise sauce. A designated Cafe Bar area is available - sip a local draft beer while watching TV. Value for money buffet lunches served on selected days. The perfect place for enjoying an African seaside sunset or dinner. Lots of parking available. Click here to make a reservation.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

What can I say the Ribs were fantastic, we have had it there a few times now and have never been disappointed. We have also had Chicken there which was also very good. Will go back ASAP.

Eileen and John from Hermanus

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Last Friday night I enjoyed one of the tastiest vegetarian meals in a long time and at a steak house of all places. Our group of friends had their heart set on the Cattle Baron in Hermanus and as a veggie I thought okay here we go again a Greek salad or maybe some scary veg special whipped up from different side dishes. It’s hard enough to find a good veggie meal in a normal restaurant but a Steak House I didn’t think possible. Well I was wonderfully surprised the platter I received was brimming with the tastiest selection. Deep-fried Camembert, grilled mushrooms, golden brown potato Rosti’s topped with Crème Fraiche and much much more! I am not sure who was more pleased with my meal me or my Fiancé to having finally found a local restaurant where we can both enjoy an excellent meal!
Thanks Cattle Baron see you soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

The restaurant is located in the hart of Hermanus town and is just off the main beach road. The service was good and I really enjoyed the burgers. I will also do a follow up review as soon as I taste there other dishes. If you want a good burger to satisfy a craving, pop in.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

It is such shame that the service was so bad in this restaurant as once we received the food it was excellent. However we arrived at the restaurant and waited 15 minutes before anyone came to our table to take a drinks order and that was only after we had approached the bar to see if it was necessary to order our own drinks directly. Once we had the waiters attention we decided to strike while the iron was hot and order the food. Fifteen minutes later still no drinks and no food. We approached the manager on duty - our order had not even been input into the system! Eventually drinks arrived. We had finished these by the time the meal arrived. The manager came over and apologized for the problems and asked if we would like another drink. In light of the fact that we had now been at the restaurant for an hour and were just receiving the food we thought this was a nice gesture on his part. However, when the bill came we were charged for the extra two drinks!! The steaks were excellent but there are plenty of restaurants in South Africa that serve good steak so I am afraid we will not be returning to Cattle Baron in Hermanus.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is a very good restaurant who caters for pensioners' lunches as well as a la carte menu. They have a lovely buffet with a great assortment of dishes.