This hotel is the most hospitable place we have ever stayed in. The hotel is located in a, from the street perspective, inconspicable location in a residential neighbourhood, however has a dominant view on the bay of Hermanus, right above a small rock/sand beach (weather is cold, but swimmable for die hards, no sharks) and right next to a wonderful long white sandy beach, ideal for jogging and walking.
The rooms are small but wonderfully decorated, views are fantastic.
This hotel is one of those places you will never forget for their "total relaxaton" atmosphere, attentive staff without exception, very nice meals in a cozy, not tight or posh atmosphere.
If you are looking for something special, this is a place to go to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Hermanus cliffs, the regal Birkenhead House overlooks the whale watching paradise of Walker Bay. Accommodating guests in the utmost luxury, this is the perfect destination for those seeking the pinnacle of seaside living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, South African Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Birkenhead House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birkenhead House & Villa Hotel Hermanus
- Birkenhead House And Villa