“Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!”

San Remo Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #86 of 111 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at San Remo Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Hermanus. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We waited over an hour for our food. My one kid's pasta arrived cold and very dry. She ate about half of it and then said she does not want it anymore, does not taste good and she will rather have a sandwich at home. 7 Years old!! Then my wife's and my steak arrived, mine without onion rings (which I am still waiting for!). In the meantime my hungry son is still waiting for his food. So my wife and I shared our food with him. We complaint to the manager, André, who gave us a discount and explained that there is some internal problems, which is not my problem, and promised to send me my onion rings immediately. We left without the onion rings and picked up my son's ribs as a take away at the till. Another couple close to us also complained about the pathetic service and when I got to the till, I found another couple in an argument with the manager about the bad service and the long wait for the food. I WILL NEVER EVER RETURN TO THE HERMANUS SPUR. STAY AWAY!!!!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Regular Spur fare”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We arrived with 9 others in the party, and were efficiently assisted with seating. Orders were taken promptly and executed in reasonable time with the childrens meals arriving first. Food was good. A good experience.

Visited May 2013
Denbigh, United Kingdom
“Great Value breakfast”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Good choice of breakfast on offer (as with every Spur) but the food was well cooked and tasty and the service was friendly

Visited April 2014
“wonderful kiddie birthday party venue”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

on sat my grandson turned 4 .the kids had a grand fun time on all the playing equipment that this family restaurant provides. the happy birthday song really makes the occasion memorable for the kids. .. excellent service from friendly staff.... good food for the adults as well.

Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spur disappoint ment”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

The service was terrible had to wait while there were tabels open lame excuses were given why thy could not plave the people realy a family restaurant and you can not get a seat while thete were more than 30 seatds available not that is not on