“Outstanding food and excellent service!”
Review of La Pentola

La Pentola
Ranked #8 of 116 Restaurants in Hermanus
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Pentola established in 1995 has a breath taking panoramic view of Walker Bay, the birthing ground of Southern Right Whales. The perfect venue for executive chef/owner Shane Sauvage's authentic fusion cuisine. All food is prepared to order, using only the very best quality ingredients, real butter, fresh cream and fresh herbs.Yes absolutely no MSG! The menu by internationally renowned executive Chef/ Patron & award winning author Shane Sauvage,comprises of a large variety of fresh seafood & Abalone, free range cuts of beef (KWV Fillet, Tender T-Bone, exotic game dishes, a great selection of vegetarian fare (Aztec Mushrooms) and a decadent selection of in-house deserts (Chocolate Terrine). La Pentola offers a Diamond award wine list with a large variety of local and international wines. We are an A la Carte restaurant that also caters for corporate functions, intimate weddings and special occasions. Open Monday to Sunday Lunch & Dinner.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

As a group of 11 ladies we enjoyed the most outstanding meal at La Pentola in Hermanus on Friday night. Shane, the gourmet internationally acclaimed chef, prepared a Family Feast type meal for us with a huge range of starters and main courses served platter style. The flavour combinations were truly exceptional, every morsel of food was delectable, and our waiter, Dion, treated us like royalty.

I travel internationally extensively and am an avid "foodie" and can honestly say that this was the best meal I have ever eaten and did not need to fly overseas to experience a meal of a lifetime.

The menu is extensive to meet every taste and include Mediterranean delicacies as well as exotic meats such as warthog. Although not cheap, you will be paying reasonable prices for a 5 star meal. Shane also confirms if there are any specific dietary requirements or allergies and this is not a common question at any restaurant I have been to?

I highly recommend La Pentola and enjoying such a stunning meal with an unobstructed view of the Bay is something you really should not miss.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My Colleagues and I had such an amazing experience whilst dining at La Pentola.
It was a very quiet evening as the Winter Season had started in Hermanus.
We enjoyed some of the most divine dishes such as the Basil and Port Livers, Afro Parisian Pastry (My Fav) and Cape Fusion Carpaccio for the Starters. Unfortunately they were out of Angle Snails as this is one of the dishes I highly recommend to our Guests that dine there however they did have an alternative to the snails they would replace it with Mussel Meat. For the mains my one colleague had the Crayfish that was baked with cheese and mushrooms stuffed in its Tail my other colleague had the KWV Fillet which was amazing and I had their Rump Special but the portion was huge and I could not finish it as I had to have space for their amazing desserts menu. The White Chocolate Terrine is an absolute winner some may think that it could be to sweat you will be amazed they drizzle passion fruit and chopped mint and that combination is just an absolute mind blowing burst of flavours.
They also have this really nice refreshing berry non alcoholic cocktail that leaves you wanting more. And of course we can’t forget the sorbet’s full of flavour to get your taste buds going.
The Staff was very tentative and friendly.
Thank you all for a great dining evening.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

A menu not seen in every restaurant. Lovely variety of game meat to choose from. Prepared by a world class chef. Dinner here is more than an option.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

went here for dinner when in heramnus. the waiter was constantly fussing about...trying to make out what a wonderful experience we were having in the place.it was ok. the food was reasonable...but quite expensive compared with other better meals while we were in s Africa.we had ostrich steaks..which were tasty.
but couldn't stand the fussing about that accompanied the meal. don't try and make out its a gastronomic experience because it isn't. its ok that's all.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The best dinnner we had on our three week trip through South Africa! Unbelievable delicious food with excellent ideas, attentive and educated waiters and a lovely chef: Shane!
It is a must to stop here and enjoy the dinner, atmosphere and panoramic view. And don´t miss the chocolate terrine!!!