“What an amazing experience.”
Review of La Pentola

La Pentola
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Hermanus
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Pentola established in 1995 has a breath taking panoramic view of Walker Bay, the birthing ground of Southern Right Whales. The perfect venue for executive chef/owner Shane Sauvage's authentic fusion cuisine. All food is prepared to order, using only the very best quality ingredients, real butter, fresh cream and fresh herbs.Yes absolutely no MSG! The menu by internationally renowned executive Chef/ Patron & award winning author Shane Sauvage,comprises of a large variety of fresh seafood & Abalone, free range cuts of beef (KWV Fillet, Tender T-Bone, exotic game dishes, a great selection of vegetarian fare (Aztec Mushrooms) and a decadent selection of in-house deserts (Chocolate Terrine). La Pentola offers a Diamond award wine list with a large variety of local and international wines. We are an A la Carte restaurant that also caters for corporate functions, intimate weddings and special occasions. Open Monday to Sunday Lunch & Dinner.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

La Pentola is fabulous, if you visit Hermanus you must eat there. The staff is so well trained and friendly, and the view and the food are out of this world.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a great meal last night at Le Pentola. Tried the warthog as I've heard so much about it. - Really was good. Thai soup for starters was to die for. Shane and Hugo are great chefs and Marcel our waiter was very attentive. Keep up the good work guys - well done.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nice service, and a great wine recommended, but the food, though good, is a bit cream sauces heavy for my taste. Certainly wothh a visit, and the cream sauces can be avoided - but if that is your taste - then it is excellent - and good value

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I went to La Pentola for my birthday and was treated like a princess! The staff are friendly and the food is fantastic! My friend and I shared the Angel Snails, which are out of this world! The main course was fabulous but we got so full! We said no to dessert but then the chef persuaded us to have the white chocolate terrine! Oh My Word! that was really the cherry on top of the birthday cake! I will tell everyone to go to La Pentola. It is truly the best in town!!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were making our first visit to Hermanus and hosts in Constantia recommended eating at La Pentola. We ate there twice in our 5 day stay and thank goodness we took up the recommendation. We needed to book for both occasions. All aspects of our meals would, I am sure, meet Michelin standards. The food, the presentation, the service all enhanced by that amazing view over the bay.