“Great chicken dish”

Ranked #36 of 121 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cocos Island Grill offers a wide variety of meals ranging from Breakfasts and sharing meals to starters and succulent sea and land food mains. We have an international standard cocktail bar with 10! Locally brewed draughts on tap. Enjoy the spectacular first floor view from our terrace or at one of our many window seats... So whether its you and friends or the whole family, feel welcome to relax and enjoy Cocos life.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Cocos was one of the only restaurants open on this rainy and cold night... but our dinner was great. We were especially fond of the Cookhouse Chicken! It was grrrreaaat! Yum! The place was large and looked like it usually would be hopping and a fun place to hang out with friends.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Yum, yum, yum!!! We arrived a bit late, but we were warmly welcomed and served. cool place with friendly staff, a bit pricey on the drinks, but overall worth it.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

At first when we got there everything was wrong. I was upset when I got there and was informed that the person who dealt with my booking does not work there anymore, no seating at the window, no separate billing I was told. I have booked a table for 18 people to be seated next to the window. Asked for separate billing and was assured no problem and this arrangements was confirmed by an e-mail to me plus minus 3 months before. The manager on duty was quit helpful and said he will sort something out. After a while I got an e-mail from another manager that confirms all my needs will be looked at. When we went back a long table was set up near a window, and we had enough space to be private. They had a huge menu with a wide variety that suits everybody’s taste buds. The service was good and the food came all at the same time. I had the lamb chops, good choice and my wife the Line fish of the day that was hake with creamy garlic and prawn sauce for R155.00 definitely overpriced, not value for money, our friends opposite me had the Cookhouse chicken with spinach, mango and brie, they complaint that you could not taste the mango and brie, but In general everybody was satisfied with their food.

Cocos H, General Manager at Cocos, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Good day
Thank you for taking the time to comment on COCOS
On the night it was quite clear that your entire party had a “whale” of a time by the respective feed back given on the evening. Your comments however; dismay me somewhat. Firstly your table for 18 people was adequately placed according to your own preferences discussed earlier that day with you face to face. You had ample space, the entire view, individual bills and all your place names and décor were placed as per the list given when we saw you. Secondly the fish you were served was Kingklip dressed with a prawn, wine and cream sauce, not Hake. Lastly all was reported as delicious and no complaints received. So why not five out of five….

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had dinner - steaks and burgers which were very tasty. There was live entertainment which created quite a vibe. Beautifully positioned on the beachfront - quite clever of them to have a pair of binoculars handy. Staff were friendly.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went to Cocos for my birthday breakfast and I had one heck of a time! The service was good and the food excellent! The view, was even better! The restaurant is on the top floor of a one story building. The windows can slide all the way back so that you have an unmatched view of the ocean and the beach. I cannot vouch for the service at night or during busy times, but the service during the morning we were there was good!