This is an excellent hotel with very friendly staff and a good location but there was a couple of niggles:
1. We had large black insects that we thought initially were crickets coming inside the apartment but, on reflection, could have been cockroaches (seemed to be many running in the patio door runner channels waiting to come inside when we used the balcony).
2. On the Saturday morning we were awoken at 6.00 AM by refrigerated trucks parked on the road outside our apartment with their engines running, waiting to deliver to the shopping centre below.
Everything else was perfect - a large apartment with all the facilities you would ever need. The shops below are handy for provisions etc. and the location is close to the sea path and restaurants. Also very safe to walk out at night.
The staff are very friendly and helpful regarding local information etc.- just the insect problem that we were concerned with, although we didn't complain as it was managable during our three-day stay.
There is a great Deli on the opposite side of the road on the corner - brilliant food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Whale Coast Hotel offers luxury accommodation and exclusive conference facilities to the leisure or corporate guest in the heart of the scenic Cape Whale Coast only 90 minutes from Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Whale Coast All Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.