We stayed at this hotel for three nights in January 2013, just after new year. People, this is an excellent hotel, small, well run, welcoming, obliging staff, personal service and absolutely fantastic breakfast! The best I had in South Africa. We stayed in a spacious and sunny room overlooking the swimming pool. We originally wanted to stay in a sea view room but decided not to as they don't get as much sun as the rooms on the other side. We were more than happy with the room we had and loved chilling out by the swimming pool. There is a lot to do in and around Hermanus, lovely cliff top walks, the whale museum, wine tasting nearby and the beaches around Walker Bay, the owners are full of suggestions if you need ideas on where to go. If you fancy a night in, the hotel has a good DVD library. We ate in the Seafood Restaurant and thought it was superb. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, it is expensive but worth it, I certainly would come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marine is one of the southern hemisphere's most spectacular seaside Relais & Chateaux properties. Perched on the cliffs, overlooking Hermanus's Walker Bay, The Marine boasts 40 individually decorated bedrooms and suites. This unforgettable property overlooks South Africa's most pristine whale sanctuary, and it is just a stone's throw from one of the greatest densities of the endangered Great White Shark, and selection of fynbos species in the Cape. The Marine offers guests the unique opportunity to experience the finest land-based whale watching in the world. From June to September guests are able to view these majestic creatures from the comfort of their beautiful sea-facing bedroom. The attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of this remarkable owner managed property - from the personal service to the exceptional cuisine which is overseen by The Collection by Liz McGrath's Grand Chef, Peter Tempelhoff, the perfect-for-sundowners Sun Lounge and the in-house Carchele Beauty Spa. Each piece of The Marine story adds another element to an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Marine Hermanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marine Hermanus Hotel Hermanus
- The Marine Hotel Hermanus