“Lizette the owner is personally involved in the restaurant and makes you feel very welcome!”
Review of Lizette's Kitchen

Lizette's Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 112 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: African
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lizettes a stylish Bar Restaurant set in an iconic and historic property in Voelklip, Hermanus. Lizette’s is a restaurant with a unique twist, dishes are hand crafted, using the freshest of produce. Lizette’s offers an eclectic variety of fare designed with you in mind. Whether you are a weary traveller, holiday maker or loyal local, you will love our range of world class local wines from the Hemel en Aarde valley and beyond. Couple this with awesome craft beers and Gins from all over the Western Cape - and you know your off to a great start. Complement that with ever-changing food influences and trends from all over the world and you will discover a fusion of flavours and cultures that truly represent this little piece of heaven on earth we call Voelklip.
Knysna
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Superb food and service - lovely atmosphere. Lizette is personally involved and seats you ant then takes you through the menu. Food was excellent and good value.

1 Thank Albert M

Franschhoek, South Africa
“utterly superb !”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Its a year since we were last at this fabulous restaurant. It is as good as ever ! Our lunch was utterly delicious, we had a selection of Dim Sum and spring rolls for the table to share, I could happily have pigged out big time on the peanut dipping sauce, my husband went nuts for the garlic sauce. I dream of Lizette's Pho, an all time favourite of mine, it was even better than Id remembered. The children had burgers that came all wrapped in gorgeous brown wrapping, something different that really works. The service is prompt and friendly, we hardly waited at all for our food which arrived piping hot and delicious. Sadly it was a little chilly otherwise we would have sat on the deck, but the atmosphere inside is very cosy, especially in the bar area next to a log fire. I only wish we lived closer to Hermanus so we could visit this special restaurant more often.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Service disaster”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were on holiday in Hermanus and decided to stop at Lizette's to get something to drink. We had to hunt down a waiter just to take our order. Our order was for a pomegranate juice and a mango fruit shake. The pomegranate juice arrived but was definitely straight from a can when the menu said "fresh". The mango shake took a long while because the waiter said they were "fetching ice cream", we decided to pay for the juice and leave. We won't return again, lots of better options in Hermanus.

• Visited September 2013
LIzettes-KItchen, Owner at Lizette's Kitchen, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Curious Cat. With reference to you experience on Sunday 22nd September which was the busiest day of the Whale festival period. I was actually sat next to you when you were promptly seated to your table upon arriving and presented with menu's and a free glass of water within minutes whilst you made you decision for drinks. We work very hard to provide excellent service which we do and if you read reviews below you will find we are commended on our service. I believe your expectations are way above any normal level of service and your review hyper critical and not a true reflection or a disaster as you claim. The pomegranate juice is supplied in 4ltr freshly pressed containers from a local very reputable juice supplier and to make a statement that is is canned is well just looking for excuse to validate your poor review. We only use quality products. I wish you luck on you journey to find the ultimate service experience given your level of expectation.
Cape Town
“Tasty starters, lovely decor...”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My first visit to Lizette's wasn't good, but as I was part of a rowdy birthday table then and it was a new restaurant, I though it'd be wise to give it a second chance. The starters were fantastic, thoroughly yummy dim sums and spring rolls. My main course (prawns in coconut on rice noodles) was tasty, but not something I'd rush back for. My friends dish as inedible, but then again I wouldn't have ordered a dish with the combination of cinamon & anaseed... seems like a weird combination to me, but hey I'm no expert in the kitchen department! The decor, service and ambiance was good, friendly waiter and warm with heaters on the chilly evening. The deserts weren't that impressive, the cheesecake seemed a little sour to be honest and the icecream had lot of ice crystals in it. Had the food been a little better I'd have not thought too much about the cost, but the experience left me feeling I'd paid more than I'd have prefered. The trouble is that Lizettes is quite a long way out of the town centre, about 7km and there are some fantastic eating out options in the town centre, with great views of Walker Bay, so to drive to the other side of town with a view of a roundabout, with less than fanastic food means I probably wouldn't go there again - unless it was for the dim sums and spring rolls.

• Visited September 2013
LIzettes-KItchen, Owner at Lizette's Kitchen, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Naughty Cat
We are sorry you found our menu different and not to your taste. The Pho you refer to as inedible which contains Star of anise not aniseed. Pho Is a staple food in Vietnamese culture (90 million Vietnamese eat this daily) and is a speciality dish on our menu. It is cooked in a tradition manner with fillet of Beef.
Our restaurant is approximately 2km out of Hermanus CBD with free parking and we are the only North facing restaurant in the area and protected from the south easter. We have stunning views and sunsets which has proven to be very popular with the locals. In other reviews we are known for our fantastic location. Our Prices are very competitive and in comparison to the Restaurants in CBD we are excellent value. The majority of reviews below all state how good value we are.
Hermanus
“Always the best food in Hermanus!!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

It is and old thatch house that was renovated into a Restaurant, beautifully done and a real asset for the town. There is a large circle in front of Restaurant which was planted most beautifully and all the flowers are flowering now.Large area outside for Children or dogs. Her service is excellent, waitrons know what there is on offer. Wine prices are not excessive. Sunday has a lunch on offer, 3 course for R89.00, very reasonable. We just love going there.