“Service, what service?”

Just Pure Bistro
Ranked #15 of 116 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just Pure Bistro serves breakfast,lunch and all day fare seven days a week. Dinner Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings (October to March). Fresh, seasonal, local and organic ingredients. Good food since 2009
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I visited this restaurant with its idylic setting, but what a dissapointment, no service. After waiting for half an hour and being ignored by the waitresses, there was no alternative but to get up and leave. Not one word being spoken to me.

3  Thank Lord N

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Bistro Just Pure is a very charming café/bistro with a small nice shop in the back.
We had diner here, and the diner menu offered a choice of 4 starters, 4 main courses and 3 deserts. The menu is based on what is seasonal and available.
Quality and taste of the food are simply delicious; you can taste the fresh ingredients that are used.
The wine list offers good wines from local wine estates.

Prices are very reasonable.
Service is very friendly and efficient. Ambience is very cosy.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

we spent 6 nights in hermanus we ate out every lunch & every evening we liked the bistro so mu ch we ate there 3 times. There quiche are fantastic , so my wife tells me, I had there fish cakes which are the best I have ever had. there evening menu is supurb 4 starters 5 main courses and 5sweets, there Lamb shanks are to die for. Down side only open 2 nights a week. we tryed 5 other retaurants for dinner, some good some not so good. I think this restaurant should be up in the top 10. Superb food, great atmosphere, and the best views in town

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Had lunch with the family on my last day in South Africa... the bistro at Just Pure is a fairly simple affair where they seem to focus on quality ingredients. For a small place the menue is extensive. Breakfasts are very good, but the lunch menu is where they excel. Most of our party had the venison burger - perfectly cooked and served with rustic fries and a great chilli relish. Service was laid back but certainly nothing to complain about. All in this is one of the best places to eat in Hermanus. Small, great quality - and a fantastic terrace to enjoy the finest view in SA.

2  Thank SuperD49
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went there for a morning muffin and coffee, nobody was there to seat me, waited long for service and the table next to me was also unhappy because of the way they were handled. But nice view!

3  Thank Bubbles202