“Excellent Choice in Hermanus”

Penguino Guesthouse
Ranked #19 of 87 Hermanus B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here for one night, the room was amazing as was the breakfast. The Guesthouse is spotless and the owners and staff very friendly and helpful. I felt right at home and enjoyed a evening with the most wonderful hosts Stef and Nikki. I would highly recommend this Guesthouse to everyone. You can be guaranteed to receive way more than what you paid for, a most amazing stay, thank you very much! I will most certainly be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are just breathtakingly beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Penguino Guesthouse is a little gem! We recently celebrated my Dad's 70th birthday there and owners Stefan and Nikki left no stone unturned to make this the most wonderful experience. The attention to detail was second to none, the food was "the best lunch I have ever had" (in the words of one of the guests) and the warmth and friendliness of the staff and particularly that of Stefan and Nikki, made this a really special and unforgettable family celebration. Stefan and Nikki's love for people, their desire to make one feel at home and their experience in the industry all contribute to this winning formula.

Thank you again for having us and we know your story will be one of great success!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LondonMaus
Reviewed March 14, 2012

What a wonderful experience I had at Penguino Guesthouse, I would like to thank Penguino Guesthouse for their friendly and excellent service.

Normally a guest would expect to get what they paid for, but at Penguino Guesthouse I definitely received more value for money. The staff and owners (Stephan & Nicolene) are wonderful people.

Thanks Stephan & Nicolene, you are the best and I will definitely stay at your Guesthouse every time I visit Hermanus.

Willem
Germany

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Wow what a great place! The tourist office recommended us this superb guest house.
We spend one night here and returned again after a week for another 3 days.
The guesthouse is owned by Nikki and Stefan, a very friendly and nice couple! They gave us a lot of good recommendations, from beaches, to bars and restaurants. Also they helped us book horse riding in the winelands and shark diving in Gansbaai.
The blueberry pancakes for breakfast prepared by Stefan were superb. Rooms are clean and very new, good value! We will definitely come back and stay longer next time!
Thanks!! Jan Eike & Marlous

Room Tip: Galapagos room is next to the pool area outside the house!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mamsterdam
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Thanks Stephan & Nicolene, you are the best and I will definitely stay at your Guesthouse every time we visit Hermanus.

Regards
Lizelle Nel

Room Tip: KING PENGUIN room is a lovely room and spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lizelle N
Reviewed February 19, 2012

What an experience meeting Stephan and Nikki! Fantastic hosts, awesome accommodation and scrumptious breakfasts, all fit for a "Queen"!!. A home away from home, what more does one need! Hermanus is picturesque and a must to be seen, Stephan en Nikki, dankie weereens vir julle gasvryheid! Julle sal ons defnitief weer sien. Vriendelike groete. Christo & Sharon

Room Tip: Rooms extremely modern, comfortable and most of all spotlessly clean
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sharon d
Reviewed February 19, 2012

What a warm welcome from Nikki after a long days drive. I was shown to the Emperor Bedroom, tastefully decorated, clean and airy, with an adjoining balcony overlooking the pool with the sea in the distance. After a refreshing dip in the pool I set off on the coastal path for a scenic walk into town. Imagine my delight at spotting Southern Right Whales and their calves within a few minutes of setting off. Great local restaurants but it was the hospitality and attention to detail of my hosts Stefan and Nikki that made it an experience to remember. Pancakes at breakfast! A real treat - they'd heard my request for no eggs. Stefan is very knowledgeable of the local area and its history and offered some great advice when planning stops at the local vineyards as I continued my journey. Truly "Heaven on Earth".

I look forward to returning in future for a more extended visit. Thank you Stefan and Nikki

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo