“Outstanding Baby Kingklip and Whale watching combo extraordinaire.”

LB Seafood Bistro on the Bay
Ranked #13 of 118 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lemon Butta is one of Hermanus' best-loved restaurants, boasting the best sushi, delicious seafood and perfect grills. With breathtaking views of the entire Bay, it is also one of the best places for whale watching!
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I offered to buy my Hermanus mate Aron lunch and asked him where we could land the best piece of fish, I was a little taken a back when we strolled in this place, it looked to commercial to produce anything remarkable, I was most pleasantly surprised, we sat a a table located in one the bay windows you may see in above photograph and ordered beers and baby Kingklip (on Aron's recommendation), we commenced whale spotting at a rate that was unbelievable, there were at least 50 whales right in front of us (maybe in 7 pods), I only took my eyes of the view when the Fish arrived, I was astounded by the quality and can honestly say it was the best piece of Kingklip I have had in my life, it was not overcooked, it was not underdone, it was spot on 110% perfect.
The elevation above street level in addition to the street level being well elevated above sea level, means you get the absolute best view of Walker Bay, a 180deg sweep enables you to see from Grotto Beach, to Gansbaai, to right out to sea anytime, assisted of course be being in the bay window. A truly remarkable afternoon which we often speak about.

4  Thank KelvinZulu
Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Since I make my own sushi which we thought were the best, we are very critical when eating sushi in a restaurant. What a surprise to, for the first time, find sushi which we thought was better than mine. The rice was beautifully cooked and tasted very nice. We also had fried calamari and babe soles which were very nice.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

On our recent trip to Hermanus we had the most amazing culinary experience. Lemon Butta has a very romantic atmosphere with breath taking views. The sushi was amazing and sooo fresh! I would definitely visit them again.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Food was amazing especially the dessert!!!! Service was also very good.
Unfortunately they were very busy so we could not get a window seat. I would recommend booking a table in advance to ensure you get a window seat as the view over walker bay is amazing. I will see you soon for some more Belgium mouse!!!!!!!!!1

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very friendly staff met us at the door and showed us to our table. The seafood starters was fresh and absolutely delicious. The Sushi is the best in town and the special platter had a good variety. The service was very friendly and efficient. The owner also visited the tables to find out if everybody was happy. The Seaview is fantastic. Definitely to be visited when you are in Hermanus.