“What a great experience”
Review of Creation Wines

Creation Wines
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Hermanus
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We recently visited Creation for a long anticipated tasting and we were not dissapointed! Their food and wine pairing was delicious. We spoke to the chef and you can just see the amount of care, attention and passion that has been put into pairing the wine with the most complimentary canapes available. The service was excellent and I would recommend the farm to all food and wine lovers. Great play room for the kids so that the adults can truely relax and wine and dine. Gorgeous scenic views. Fine dining without pretention.

Carolyn M, Manager at Creation Wines, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

It is so lovely to see that you enjoyed your experience with us Alishia and hope you'll return for another visit soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had an incredible lunch at Creation Wines in September 2013. The menu is incredible with great wines that can all be ordered by the glass. Also great food and wine pairing options, and interestingly food is chosen of the wine menu based on pairing suggestions.

The service was friendly and efficient, and both out waitress and the chef went the extra mile to prepare the most incredible dairy and gluten free dishes for my girlfriend who is highly allergic to both. He specially prepared a special wine pairing experience for her with canapes and wine being paired, as well as main course and desert.

I was also impressed by all the staff who knew their food and wine well.

Creation is a beautiful venue with incredible views and i highly recommend it to anyone looking for good food and wine!

Thank you so much for visiting Raymond and for the great review! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was actually researching my next trip to the Hemel en Aarde region, based on my fantastic experience to Creation, when I realised, that I had never reviewed it! The reason I am making a point of coming back to this area is because of my last years afternoon
here and it has inspired me to see more of the HeA winelands. Finding Creation was a dusty and rocky process, but no pain....no gain! The result was worth every speck of dust! We were 4 adults and two young children and we booked the wine pairing menu. There was a fabulous inconspicuous kids room that kept my two small ones entertained from start to finish and without disturbing any other guests. That alone, is worth it's weight in gold(if your a parent of smallies!!)

I am a keen photographer and the angles of the vines, like rows of soldiers, in the somewhat sheltered valley are just breathtaking. There is something very unique about knowing that the coast is just around the corner.

The tasting menu was wonderful(to get back to the main point) and to this day, Creation wine is one of my favourites......Because of my believe in trying somewhere different, I may not get to Creation this year, but I will be close by and I will HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. x

1  Thank roisin_corr
Carolyn M, Manager at Creation Wines, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for the lovely words and for visiting us! We hope to see you back soon!

Regards

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My Wife and I stopped at 4 different wineries along R320. Creation was our favorite. You can try 8 wines that are paired with canapés for $12. There are 4 wines that are paired with their signature chocolates for $9. The canapés are delicious and go perfectly with the wines. The sommelier spent a lot of time at our table discussing the flavors of the wine and how the selection complemented the canapé. My favorite was the small cup of blue cheese soup. We are not "wine people" and the staff was happy to answer questions. We enjoyed the experience and learning more about wines. This is very different than the other wineries where the service is very good but you just taste the wines and then move on. Creation has created a tasting experience that allows you to sample a wide range of wines and how they will compliment a meal.

We also tried the chocolate and wine tasting. We have never tasted chocolate like this! Rather than the standard process of matching the wine to an existing chocolate, the chocolate was created to match the wine. The owner of the winery had four of their wines sampled to determine the exact flavors of the wine (fruit, spice, etc). A ourside comany created 4 different chocolate bars that match the flavors of the wine. There are white, dark and milk chocolate bars. When you eat the chocolate it tastes like the accompanying wine. You can buy the chocolate bars (only sold at the winery) as well as the wines.

Highly recommend for a unique experience. Don't miss this wine route when you visit Hermanus. It is very different than Stellenbosch.

1  Thank Lenny2299
Carolyn M, Manager at Creation Wines, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you so much for visiting us on the estate Lenny and for taking the time to post such a lovely review! We hope you stop by when back in SA again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had the best time at Creation. The Wine is excellent and with the food pairing it's a unforgettable experience. The view is to die for.

Carolyn M, Manager at Creation Wines, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for the kind words and for visiting with us! Be sure to stop by again!