“Sublime food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I were simply blown away by the three course meal we enjoyed at Eat recently. It's a casual environment and well priced - so much so that you'd never expect the quality of the food that arrives. The chef came around personally to check on us and made us feel right at home. Well done Eat!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The food here is amazing. Everything is presented beautifully and the taste is mmm. Highly recommend the pork ribs - chunky portion and mouth-wateringly tasty. Ahh, and the freshly baked chocolate waffles for desert ... need I say more?!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Rated somewhere on Tripadvisor as the best dining option in Hermanus? It certainly was not bad, but the best it was not. Nice casual place for pub & grill type food and looks like a bit of a party at night. Ribs were very good, burger decidedly average. Worth it if in town for a few days, otherwise there is better in Hermanus.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We decided to celebrate my birthday at EAT restaurant in Hermanus. On arrival we were greeted with such a WARM, FRIENDLY welcome. The table setting was lovely and Valerie our waitress was OUTSTANDING. The service was SUPERB and the food was absolutely DELICIOUS. Not to mention the DELECTABLE desserts! Petri and your team, I would like to thank you for the most memorable birthday celebration. You are definitely going to see more of us in the future. I will give your restaurant a 10 star rating. Once again THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were in Hermanus visiting to see if we could catch a glimpse of the whales and calves in the bay.

We were unlucky not to these but on our return we stoPped at the EAT restaurant for a lunch meal.The menu was extensive and my wife and I chose different food-fish basket and stuffed chicken.

Both were very nice good portion and presentation.The mash potato that came with the chicken was the nicest I have ever tasted.

Service very friendly and despite there being a power cut the food came out piping hot and without delay.

A real treat and relatively inexpensive.A strong recommendation to visit.

We will return in our quest to get a whale sighting as well as another opportunity to enjoy another meal.