“An average resort in a lovely town”

Hermanus Beach Club
Ranked #68 of 89 Hermanus B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We recently stayed in one of the self catering chalets. The resort itself is spacious with fantastic views of the ocean, in fact we could hear the waves crashing 24/7. However, the chalet we stayed in could do with some revamping. Although very clean and serviced daily, you could see that the furniture was a bit old, the couch (a sleeper one) was very uncomfortable to sit on, and the heater provided didn't really heat up the place.
It was nice to be able to braai outside and we enjoyed a game of pool at the bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DizzyC0306

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in no. 84 Hermanus Beach Club and we were not impressed. The flat is clean, but it is run-down. The matresses on the beds were very uncomfortable and we could feel the springs through the matresses. There is no DSTV, you will need to bring your own smartcard. The kitchen was ill equipped and the water pressure in the flat is low. The main bedroom has a door leading into the bathroom...a sliding door that lifts up. It was raining all day and the tiles leading down the stairs outside were so slippery that my partner and I both slipped down the first flight. She has a badly bruised rump and I have hurt my shoulder. Not a good holiday. Would not recommend this flat.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Teddies81
Reviewed July 16, 2013

A week's timeshare at HBC was a great way to relax. Accomodation was comfortable and well serviced. The resort caters for families with kids so there are all sorts of activities for them. it is well situated with great views and easy access. One of the better timeshare resorts we have used.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nick B
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We arrived on the Friday evening and discovered that there was no private braai facilities for the property. We had to go out to a central grass lawn and share the braai facility with other people who were already busy with their braai. There was braai equipment in the flat but we may not use it because a note on it made it clear it was for the owner's use only. Before we could sleep, we had to kill four spiders on the bed. The kitchen utensils were mouldy. The place has great potential and I think if the owners pay more attention to it, they could make it an unforgettable weekend destination.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I visited the Hermanus Beach Club in April 2013. I booked accommodation via my holiday club and stayed in one of the Time Share Units, no 252.

Some of the units are permanently occupied by residents while others are being rented out. The unit I was in was a three bedroom unit. Yes, the bed rooms are small. Two of the rooms had double beds, but the third room had two single beds. It is impossible to open the build in cupboard door in this room unless you move the two beds together. As for the rest of the unit, it offered enough space for four adults and two children. Personally I will not try to fit six adults in there!

The unit I was in was clean when we arrived and it was cleaned daily, except for Sundays. Towels where switched out three times a week. I was most impressed with the cleaning service. The ladies really did an excellent job every day!

On our first morning, I discovered that the kettle had a slow leak and that it tripped the electricity if you leave water in it. The manager was not rude when I complained and they replaced the kettle that very same day!

I am aware if the complaints by others about this club. I can only assume that there is a difference between the rental and the time share units as I did not experience anything of this sort.

Every unit has only one parking area, but there are plenty of visitor parking bays scattered through the complex. Parking is available for friends who have their own vehicles. Sometimes it is a 50 meter walk to the parking spot, but at least parking is available!

I can recommend these time share units, as my friends and I had a wonderful time here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank space_baron
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The resort has an amazing position being built a few meters from the rocks. Unfortunately we had booked a 6 sleeper unit through timeshare, which was extremely small. The cupboards could barely open with a double bed and two very small side tables in the room. The first day we wanted to have some coffee and tea, and found that all the mugs and cups were dirty. After this bad start things did start improving, but unfortunately did leave a poor impression.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Firstly when we got there the fridge didn't work, it got us to get hold of the sales agent to try and get someone to put gas in it. Keep in mind I had meat etc that needed to be kept in the fridge. My husband spend Sundat morning driving through Hermanus looking for ice so that I could keep my food cold in cooler boxes. We had to wait at the flat until someone came a whole Sunday wasted. There was no broom to sweep the floor, the remote needed new batteries, the windows were so dirty. Surely you need someone to check all this before someone occupy the flat. You also need some cleaning service that can assist your guests, when you are on holiday you don't want to clean all the time, we stayed for two weeks. .... How can you rent a place out, but you don't have someone there if you need help, I had to contact the sales person to get someone to assist me. We won't visist Hermanus Beach Club again and I won't recommond this to anybody.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family