“Cant go Wrong with the Only Authensic Italian in Hermanus”

Fabio's Authentic Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #17 of 113 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Description: FABIO’S Ristorante Italiano ,Humble hospitality, authentic Italian cuisine accreditted by the Italian Chamber of Commerce Hospitalita Italiana, nothing could be more Italian in flavour and atmosphere outside of Italy!The ambience starts with the sidewalk tables and colourful décor and continues into the restaurant with Italian music and warm welcomes from all the staff. The main menu offers veal specialities, cooked the Italian way with wine, garlic and olive oil. Other dishes include steaks, seafood homemade pasta's & thin crispy pizza's(only calzone in the Overberg) and we offer Wheat&Gluten free pizza bases & pasta's (Including Banting Pizza bases available ) and desserts include Italian frozen ice creams, sorbets and homemade tiramisu. Local & Italian wines feature on this extensive wine list alongside great grappa’s and after dinner liquers like Limoncello, Averna and Ramazotti.
Hermanus, South Africa
“Cant go Wrong with the Only Authensic Italian in Hermanus”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My future father inlaw came for a quick visit and we decided to take hime to Fabios for an Italian Dinner..
It wasnt to busy the evening as the it is the start of Winter in Hermanus.
We enjoyed some divine dishes such as the Tomato and Basil Bruschette and Garlic Snails for the Starters. For the mains My Fiance had the Venison filled pasta which was really good even for me that doesnt really like venision that much. I on the other hand had the Fabios Speciallity and with this dish you can not go wrong. Strips of Beef fillet with a creamy mushroom and hint of chilli sauce absolutly fantastic. My Father inlaw had the Venision Shin dish which he really enjoyed.
The Staff was very tentative and friendly.
We really enjoyed our evening and will hopefully be back soon again.

• Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great service,and good food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We visited Fabio,s while saying in Hermanus at the end of March 2013. What a little gem of a place. Great location, very authentic Italian,interior and excellent food and value. The owner, Fabio, came over to our table and talked to us while we were there, which showed great customer service.

Would definelty recommend Fabios if you are visiting Hermanus.

• Visited March 2013
Hermanus, South Africa
“Fantastic Pizza and Pasta”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My friend and I regularly slip away mid-week for a nice wine and dine. Fabio's has quickly become a regular spot for excellent food and great atmosphere.

The pizza is absolutely gorgeous. I had the Filleto and added some mascarpone, onion and rocket. My friend always has the Gnocchi. At a previous visit I really enjoyed the chef's signature pasta dish with fillet and mushrooms - highly recommendable.

The only real complain is the corkage fee that is to my opinion little steep at R40. It is also the first restaurant I encountered that automatically added a service gratuity (at the 10% going rate for SA). I really don't mind tipping for great service, but I felt that tipping should still be at the customer's discretion.

• Visited April 2013
PADRINOHERMANUS, Owner at Fabio's Authentic Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Caro JS Leroux, we thank you so much for your support & your great positive review wrt Service ,Food & Atmosphere, we take care of our locals as we take great care of all our guests that frequent our establishment. I must mention that we do not have a Bring Your Own Wine policy, therefore I'm supprised that my staff allowed, perhaps after mentioning the fact of our policy & corkage fee you still agreed to consume your own wine, very welcome to do so however to own a liqour licence, maintain & stock a seventy bottle wine list excluing my Italian wines does have a cost. We also brag a Diners Gold wine winning list for two years running.WRT the gratuity issue, Please be so kind as to bring in your slip and we will gladly refund you the gratuity as it is not our company policy to add the customary 10% gratuity unless requested to do so by many of our patrons as it does make the calculation easier for them or if we have a table of 6 or more pax, which is standard practice in our industry. I have investigated the process hwowever my manager cannot recall this instance and will gladly apologize if any missunerstanding and I will gladly refund you.Once again thank you for your support & look forward to seeing you soon Saluti Cordiali Fabio
Abuja, Nigeria
“Good service, nice food!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had lunch here whilst on a whale watching holiday, we had bruschetta and then pizza both of which were fresh and tasty. We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance and would go back if ever back in Hermanus. The service was good, and food tasty and good value.

• Visited September 2012
Edenvale, Gauteng, South Africa
“Great All round experience”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Wow closest feeling to Italy, had a great time, great food and the service was very friendly.
Looking forward to my next visit, definitely put it on my list of regular eateries,

• Visited March 2013