“Best beef fillet ever!”

Ranked #26 of 114 Restaurants in Hermanus
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in the picturesque seaside town of Hermanus, Paradiso is set aside from others by its welcoming feel. The restaurant is located in a fisherman's cottage overlooking the renowned whale-watching haven of Walker Bay. Complete with sandstone walls and wooden floors Paradiso oozes character around every corner. The restaurant boasts an outside seating area which provides for great al fresco dining on those balmy summer evenings. Paradiso offers a wide range of seafood, steak, lamb chops, pasta, salads and is famous for its thin-based pizzas fresh from the wood-fired pizza oven.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We visited Paradiso again last night after a previous disappointing experience. What a pleasant surprize! We ordered fillet steak (rare). It was the best we have had in a long time: tender and succulent, as well as tasty and cooked to perfection. I can highly recommend it. Our waitress was charming and the service good. We will be back!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We had just arrived in Hermanus, and were looking for a place to eat a great steak. The manager of our guest house suggested Paradiso. So we went and were not dissapointed! The service was great and welcoming! We ordered two fillets medium-rare, when they arrived it was beautifully plated with a knob of herb butter slowly melting into the meat! It was perfectly cooked and presented! 10/10 to the chef!! We have not had such good food in a long time. We will most definately be back!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

last year when travelling with my partner we ate here twice and loved it. I took my friends here on our golfing trip just for a beer initially and we were impressed with how the lack of a food order didn't affect our welcome, but as businessmen equally impressed at how our waiter gently 'upsold ' us to an excellent garlic bread to help the windhoek draft go down. After some football related banter we departed and when we returned the next night we were further impressed with how he remembered 3 out the 4 teams we supported. Seemed the right thing to do was to eat and so we did ably attended by Michael (or Marco as we christened him). Food was stunning ; grillled queen prawns with garlic butter, a perfect medium rare fillet, while my friends had the fish soup (can't spell the posh name) and sole which were also declared superb. Washed down with an agreeable merlot and 'life from stone' sauv blanc, you just can't beat it.

You know sometimes when you have had a great holiday experience the return trip disappoints. Not in this case, and a lesson to places who might turn their noses up at a table just having beer...look after them and get your reward the following night.

You can eat top end here or very modestly with excellent pizzas and pasta, just a great atmospheric venue.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

we were recommended to go to Paradiso on our last night in Hermanus,what a mistake! I ordered the bouillabaisse which had been burnt,as quite a few of the pieces of fish in it were black,they had tried to cover the burnt taste by adding to much chillie,it hadn't worked!! 2 of our party ordered sirloin steak medium,when it came mine wasn't even the right shape for sirloin and when I tried to cut it,even with the steak knife supplied,it wasn't easy as it was certainly not medium and was very stringy,I pointed out to the waiter that it wasn't medium he took it back but returned with it and said the chef had told him to tell me to cut it across the middle and it would be,I did this and it was just the same, by then the other steak had been cut and was the same tough through being overcooked,I returned it to what I presume was the head waiter/manager who did then ask if we would like anything in it's place by which time I had had enough of the whole thing but my friend ordered the lamb chops which when they came she said were average,of course,by the time she got hers the other 2,who had ordered pizza and said they were good, had long since finished which spoilt the whole experience.We were given an apology and free coffees but the evening had been spoilt by then.The moral of this is don't go to Paradiso for anything other than Pizza or Pasta

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This restaurant always delivers on good food & service. The pizzas are excellent - thin & crispy & the calamari is delicious. Really good location near the old harbour with a wonderful view of the sea. We have never had a bad meal here so it is one of our regular places to go to in Hermanus.