“Wonderful”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Wonderful cozy restaurant. Excellent service, great menu. The Hot Pot was amazing with fresh Prawns and Mussels with Thai seasoning. Well priced and enjoyed our evening. Right at the dock.

• Visited June 2011

“Fantastic evening”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Great food, with a very welcoming atmosphere. Recommend by friends. Staff friendly and very efficient. Would advise the thai mussels and deffinitly the seafood hot pot.

scottie in zurich
“Fresh food, excellent service, lovely unpretentious restaurant”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My guesthouse owner recommended this restaurant and it exceeded all my expectations. I tried the oysters first and they were so sweet I could have eaten a dozen easily. I was a little surprised to see that on the menu, the only way to have mussels was with a thai sauce but when I explained that I love plain mussels, this was no bother at all -and they were delicious.I followed the waiter's recommendation and had the linefish in batter with prawns and I have to tell you that this was outstanding - now I am not a batter person but it was crisp with the fish steamed inside it. I was really impressed with the service from the two waiters on duty last night - very smooth and checking with all customers that they were happy with their choices - from over hearing what was being said, everyone was very enthusiastic about their food. The chips were also piping hot and not soggy at all. I didn't have room for dessert but to be honest it was the seafood and fish I went there for but I did have a coffee and though I wanted a cafe latte, they brought me enough hot milk to make a good enough version myself.

The view over the harbour is lovely and after a hot day it was super to get the breeze from the sea.

Overall I was thrilled with the recommendation, and especially happy with the recommendations made by my waiter. Service for me was friendly, helpful knowledgeable with the right amount of guidance to great choices for my dinner. Maybe other reviewers hit a bad night and I hit an exceptional night but it really was a fantastic meal at good prices.

• Visited March 2011
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Outstanding”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

One of the best seafood restaurants I have ever had the priveledge of going to! The food was really good (especially the Linefish Hermanus...a must have), the waiters were friendly and very helpful with recommendations on food choices, food was well portioned, decor is different and intriguing, the music was tranquil and the view of the ocean in the background was phenominal. Definatly a great choice of restaurant to take my girlfriend for our anniversary. We will DEFINATLY return to Quayside on our next trip to Hermanus.

• Visited January 2011
Cape Town
“Service unfriendly food poor”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

The service, although efficient, was not friendly for a seaside resort.
Ther food was not fresh, warmed up in Micro and when advising waitress, received a 'Sorry' reply. No real concern or interest.

Visited January 2011