“Great food and wine!”
Review of Savannah Cafe - CLOSED

Savannah Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh, healthy and sustainable is the emphasis at this sociable, casual rendezvous in Hermanus. Open for dinner, breakfast, lunch and coffee - the menu has been refreshed and modernised. The wine list offers a wide selection from the region. All cakes and pastries made in the pastry kitchen on the premises are also on sale in the Deli. Dining options: Breakfast, light meals, lunch and dinner.Ambience: Comfortable, contemporary and cool.OPEN MON - SAT: 8h00 - 21h00 SUN: 8h00 - 15h00
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had to options for dinner when we came to Hermanus: The Barfoot Cook, which seemed to be closed for the evening and Savannah Cafe due to good reviews on TripAdvisor! Savannah Cafe served very good South African food and wine. The service was perfect and we enjoyed every minute and every bite. We both started with Carpachio of Springbook, and I had chicken and my husband ribs for main course. Great! If we go back to Hermanus we will visit Savannah Cafe again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were recommended a visit to Savannah and boy, were we pleasantly surprised.
We popped in for a quick lunchtime snack. The restaurant is fresh and clean, with large, beautiful paintings on every wall.
We had an omelette and a chicken sandwich. Great lunch!
Cannot wait to go back for the Milktart Pancakes and some more of that delicious Red Cappucino which has now become my favourite.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Wonderful to meet owner and staff. Service was friendly and our food was excellent and not over-priced. Wish we had room to try the milk tart pancakes that the people at the next table enjoyed. We will definitely return.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Dispite the location of the restuarant ( in a busy shopping area with no real good views) we received quick service, by friendly staff, clean equipment and good food. Thank you so much.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

It was a quaint place with great outdoor seating. I looked at the menu and everything looked great. Well it can be deceiving. I didn't like my chicken burger esp. With that relish. It was way to sweet so I ate it without the top bun. It had to much cheese. Lasagne had over abundance of cheese and was barely eaten. And coming from a little girl who loves cheese. Paying the bill I noticed they added gratuity even after I read they do with 6+ tables(I had 5) So check your receipt. An sat there waiting for our change and was told it was sitting in the back. Ok... So can we get it? Not for me. Won't be back cuz the food wasn't good enough when there are other places with great food.