“A truly wonderful stay!”

and 1 more site!
Kennedys Beach Villa
Ranked #4 of 86 Hermanus B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A truly wonderful stay!”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

My wife & I stayed for 2 nights at the end of April, as part of our second honeymoon, and had a truly wonderful stay! We were brilliantly looked after, enjoyed some fantastic conversations with Mr & Mrs Kennedy, and had a perfect time in this absolutely unique honeymoon-hideaway.

Thank you very much!

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This place was nothing like it is advertised on the website. The "Villa" was just one big room with a small double bed. The "Milkwood forest" is about 10 trees, the "Butler" is a glorified cleaner. The kitchenette had cobwebs in it, the bath was filthy. As we arrived, Ymile told us we had to pay for the whole trip in cash by Thursday, we were booked until Sunday.

What "5 star" establishment requires this, when we had paid a 50% deposit? When we said we would pay on check-out she reacting extremely negatively, and got very aggressive.

She had actually mentioned this in an email to us however this same e-mail, which was meant to confirm our dates, had completely incorrect dates booked. At that point we stopped reading in order to compose a paniced reply as this was the week before our wedding and the last thing you need is the honeymoon booked for the wrong dates!!!

When we complained about the state of things, my wife was insulted by being told "I pity your husband" and "if we're not happy, then we should just leave".. Just what you want to hear on your honeymoon..

Hardly the level of service one would expect from a purported 5 star establishment. This place is far from 5 star.. we have stayed in plenty of those and this is way down..

We left after 3 hours, our honeymoon in tatters.. our request for a return of some of our deposit was met with derisive laughter. Fortunately it was rescued by the professionals at the Arabella Spa, who were cheaper, but truly 5 star and a wonderful relief after this awful experience.

At no stage during our thankfully brief stay at Kennedy's, did the owners try to resolve any issues. The level of service was appalling. I would not recommend this place to anyone..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bullet0312
kennedysathermanus, Owner at Kennedys Beach Villa, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
All I can say is that it is the first time in my 12 yrs of personally running our own 5 Star Guest Houses in Hermanus/Onrus River and Upington, that I have experienced a situation/comment of a guest like this. I think all the other reviews speak for itself.
Johannesburg
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My husband and I spent ten days at Kennedy's, a much needed break from the busy pace of Jo'burg and a real treat! What we booked as a little getaway ended up being an unplanned second honeymoon, ten days that we'll always look back on with a great big smile. Kennedy's is simply a little piece of heaven. We loved every minute of our stay... from the breathtaking views, excellent service and the jacuzzi perched on 'the edge of the world' to the great big fluffy dressing gowns and homemade rusks that taste especially delicious when enjoyed on the deck in your pyjamas with a cup of freshly brewed coffee as the sun comes up. If you are looking for all of the comforts of home (and then some!) coupled with attention to detail and personal touches that make you feel like a VIP, then you will love Kennedy's. It's not just a guesthouse it's a spa for your soul!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
The two of you were such darlings - will not forget those jacuzzi sessions you had - sipping your glass of wine on ice in the steaming jacuzzi - rain or cold weather - you were there. Youngsters like the two of you make the industry so exciting. See you again!
zurich
Reviewed April 27, 2011

My husband and I went to stay at Kennedys Beach Villa and was welcomed with such special and dear hosts. Mr & Mrs Kennedy and Mike - you made this South African holiday so special with your warm hearts and willingness to make everything perfect for us! We have been all around the world seeing such amazing and special places - however Kennedys Beach Villa is def one of THE MOST spectacular places we've ever stayed at. It has a uniqueness of its own, with forest, mountain, sea and lagoon to enjoy....you must go a loooong way to find better! We LOVED sitting in the jacuzzi at sunset....staring at the night sky, sea and majestic mountain whilst sipping divine South African wines....
Be sure that we will return in near future...

Many thanks
Adrian & Catherine Schneeberger
Switzerland

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed April 19, 2011

What a disaster! My husband and I booked and paid the full desposit for the villa for Dec 2012 (in March 2010) based upon a quote we got from Mr Kennedy, the owner of the resort. I contacted Mr Kennedy to confirm the booking and he said we had to hurry to pay because he had folks from the UK who wanted to rent the villa at the same time- so we paid within 48 hours as ordered to. After which his wife, Ymile, sent me an email explaining that we were not suppose to get the discount Mr Kennedy had quoted and that the she did not want to rent out the villa because she had family coming to visit but considering we has paid 'she would just have to deal with it.'- what venue wants to kick good paying customers out in the middle of December? Just sounds absurd! The tone of the email said it all- we do not want you here (I wonder if someone else was lined up who had not recived the discount in error). I responded by saying giving the clear wording and tone of the email we would go elsewhere, where we were more wanted. I attempted to call her (and she me) but kept getting voicemail. Kennedy does look like a most stunning place but sadly I will be taking my money, wealth and desire for luxary travel elsewhere. I have stayed at the best hotels and guesthouses in the world and never has anything like this happend to me. What a pity it would of been so nice to go.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TPeyper
What a pity our inquiry did not respond back to my immediate e-mails and three phone calls BEFORE I had to pay back her deposit before 5hoo that afternoon, as instructed by herself. To me it was of utmost importance to actually communicate to her personally, as I think the whole situation was a whole miss interpretation and I know, had we have the opportunity to actually speak to one another directly, this whole misunderstanding could have been solved. To me being 12 years in this industry everything resolves around good relationships. I would however love to have you back here some time in future and we can work out a "special price " for the two of you!
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2011

If I can describe Kennedy's in 3 words it would be, AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!! Highly recommended, cant wait for our next visit to this lush, romanic getaway!! Thank you to the Hosts Arwie and Ymile we will definately be back.
Greetings out of Grenada,
Jay and Kim Crichton

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Such a gorgeous place to stay, so romantic and so peaceful, I highly recommend the full body massage. It was such a special trip for my husband and I, so relaxing!!! We will go back for sure!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple