“Top Class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 59 George B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“Top Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stay for 4 or 5 nights each month, and I would recommend it highly for both business travel and leisure travel. Only problem is last minute availability but for good reason. Home away from home for me.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MagicGeorge01, Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hello Chantelle

We appreciate your review, thanks a mil!! We always love to have you here & know that we would always make a plan to accommodate you, thank you for your loyal support!!

Have a great week.

See you soon!

Theresa & Esther

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
Pearly Beach, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a find this was! We had a great time - a welcome weekend away from home. Lovely hosts and a fantastic room and bathroom. Esther & Theresa are incredible - extremely helpful, very generous, interesting, good conversationalists. We loved our two days there. I really cannot recommend this place enough, the room, the location, breakfast, everything! Theresa kindly helped us with restaurant choices and all of the personnel were so helpful - we really felt very welcome. I can not add enough effusives or exclamation marks to describe how fabulous this B&B is!

Room Tip: The Superior room is a must!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Carli,

Many thanks for the wonderful review, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay & all the services that we offer. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Have a fabulous week!

Theresa & Esther
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been visiting Acorn for 5 years now. Over 5 years, Acorn has continually evolved in almost every way. They have upgraded almost every nook and cranny of the guest house. Improved most of the finer details in the rooms, like with what they put in the bathrooms for guests, heaters outside in the mornings at breakfast. Friendly, welcoming staff who have always gone out of their way to accomodate me. Never feel the need to look to stay in another guest house. Also like the perfect location.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MagicGeorge01, Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello Michelle

Firstly we would like to thank you for your loyal support, we love having you here!! Thanks for taking the time to write this awesome review, its great to receive appreciation for all our efforts.
We hope you'll be back soon.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Warm regards,
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great service, very clean, lovely atmosphere, safe, overall great! Lovely style. Yummy breakfasts I book in for work and spend a week at most often. I have never experienced but service only professionalism. Their attention to detail is a key point for me. I even got a chocolate from the staffas I said I was feeling down after a breakup. I love the llittle things lkke a leaf on your facecloth or the sherry in your room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Hello Aileen

What a wonderful review, your kind remarks made our day..we'll year!! Thank you very much for writing the review. Its always a pleasure to welcome you back. I believe we will see you again soon.

Have a safe trip.

Warm regards
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hi There, I loved the stay. Visually the place is absolutely lovely and I loved the vintage look and feel of things. The service from the ladies was amazing and the breakfast was delicious.

Unfortunately my negative points (and I hate complaining):
1. No hot water in the 2 front rooms. In winter this is not a good thing.
2. In the first room it was hard to sleep with the insanely loud church bell that went off what felt like every hour on the hour. We had long travelling to do so was hard to sleep and woke up tired.

Others all was wondering. I know there is not much you can do with the church bell but wow....it was loud and I can normally sleep through anything so fo me to mention it you must know it was a little louder than normal.

Otherwise thank you for the friendly service, warm bed (they put on my hot blanket and heater while I was out for supper...nice!) and yummy breakfast.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear Brigitte,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor we value your feedback. I know the church bell could be annoying, but unfortunately there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, its a unique sound & trademark in George, some people love it & others hate it, I'm use to it :-) We always strive offer the best service & amenities to make our guests comfortable & ensure they leave with a happy heart & peaceful nights sleep so we do provide ear plugs for our guests that can't sleep through the bell. With regards to the shower, I completely understand the frustration I would also bring that under the attention of the owners/representative I do apologise again, as mentioned upon your departure we tried to go green, save the planet, but have no choice but to go back to red...the "green" heating system does not want to work with us!

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, we hope to welcome you back & as promised offer you a outside Superior room, not sound proof but not in the main house so close to the church, it makes a difference.

Have a superb weekend. Stay warm.

Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I go to George on business at least twice per year. I stay for 5 weeks a time which is a while being away from home. I have been going to the Acorn Guesthouse for almost 2 years now and I must compliment them on all aspects. The breakfast is awesome, a little of everything. I battle to decide what to have for breakfast some mornings. The room is perfect for me. I do not need much and find the bed very comfortable. It is really a lovely place to stay and very homely. I hope to take my husband there to share my luxury with him.

I only wish that there were more channels for me to watch considering the long duration I stay.

Room Tip: Room 5 is the best - you have to be there to experience it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MagicGeorge01, Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Pauline,

Firstly we want to thank you for your loyal support, it's always a great pleasure having you here, you are apart of our Acorn family!! Thank you for taking the time to compliment us on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback & will look into your suggestion with regards to extra DStv channels, we already have more channels than the normal hotel package & will get back to you with this request.
You are more than welcome to bring your husband to come & stay for a weekend. We would love to have him & to show him what a luxurious experience you have while you are in George.

Have a wonderful week. Hope to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

An excellent guesthouse that is excellent value for money. Massive bed, smallish but good quality flat screen with some Satellite channels, jacuzzi bath, beautiful wooden furnishings, some self catering facilities and fresh milk in the fridge for your tea or coffee. Fruit in a bowl and some sanitary items in the bathroom (in case to left yours at home) service was superb and very friendly. Pity I had to leave in a rush and missed what I'm sure would have been a great breakfast. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagicGeorge01, Manager at Acorn Guest House, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Good Morning,

What a great review! Thank you very much for appreciating our efforts. We love making our guest feel at home. We look forward to welcome you back & will make sure you don't leave without having a delicious breakfast!

Have a wonderful weekend & thank you for taking the time to write a review it's greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards