“"An awesome steak, well worth travelling for"”
Review of The Grumpy Griller

The Grumpy Griller
Ranked #21 of 112 Restaurants in George
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Award winning Steakhouse, voted Best in Western Cape and 7th Best overall in South Africa 2016
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“"An awesome steak, well worth travelling for"”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is simplicity at its very best. We booked a table for 6 and were served by one of the friendliest waitresses in George. The restaurant menu is extremely basic and i'm afraid if steak isn't your thing, then please dont bother visiting. We ordered sirloins, t bones and the 68 day aged rump and can only confirm that you will not experience a better prepared steak in George. The service and meal were both 5 star and the restaurant is a must for anyone who loves a reasonably priced steak, cooked to perfection.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kevin B

Cape Town, South Africa
“Best steak in George”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a must for meat lovers. You can choose the cut, how it must be cooked, if you want fries, an egg and/or garlic sauce. The beer is cold, the ambiance is great and the steaks fantastic. Quite frankly the best we have had in many years. Started with a 500g T bone my wife a sirloin, later we ordered the 68 day matured rump for the table, all cooked to perfection, and very special. Made some new friends and had a fun evening. Service was great, the chef an expert, and the meat - wow!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Philip D
Simon's Town, South Africa
“Rump steak 1kg”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My 1kg Bleu rump steak was exceptionally well prepared, the best I've had in a very long time, sorry I could not take you up on the "Titanic Sinker" challenge due to events beyond my control, but on my next visit I will definitely take you on. For the steak connoisseur a visit here must most definitely be part of your itinerary, keep it up guys (and girls) it was a very pleasant visit, one that I will not easily forget. Until next time

• Visited May 2013