“the best!”

Caledon 23 Country House
Ranked #9 of 62 George B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I can highly commend Caledon 23 in George. We stayed for 3 night's and had a great, comfortable stay. Cathy and the staff are very friendly and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived until we left . Definitely worth a stay, whether for leisure or business. The rooms are comfortable and bathrooms modern. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Corne O

Reviewed February 15, 2013

What a wonderful B and B. From the time of our arrival till departure, we were made to feel welcome and they made sure that all our needs were met. This beautiful decorated house is truly a home away from home and the spacious rooms make the stay very comfortable. It is extremely clean and spacious and the morning breakfast is just what you need to get the day started. The gardens are tranquil and the gated property ensures safety. I would definitely return and I highly recommend this B and B.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank golfmommy
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Exactly what the name says.As a frequent traveler, one get bored with hotels.This is where every traveler should book into.I wish every town could have one of these. The friendlyness of the staff, the nice clean and quiet rooms,spacious bathrooms, almost feels like home.The big wooden doors open,allow plenty of the fresh clean air the Southern Cape has to offer.
The parking area is safe,spacious, nice and clean, surrounded with beautifull flowers and trees.

If you do not book into this little gem on your next trip, you will definately be missing out on a Country House life style.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a great time ! Stayed for more than month,had exellent service and food,felt like home ,maybe even better,only smiles and happy faces.Got the nicest tea garden and braai area,enjoyable and memorable times around the fire.Had to go back Dec 2012 for another stay,enjoyed it even more,now there is a Primi Piati restaurant,200m walking distance,great for a solo guy.Thanx alot for the awesome stay and see you soon.Will certainly recommend you guys.

Room Tip: At the back of premises is a seperate cottage with 2 rooms,the best spot with own parking infront of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I booked a room at Caledon23 Country House and arrived yesterday, to be met by the very friendly receptionist who also offered me a warm cup of tea upon arrival. I was very pleased with the beautiful room I was allocated. The decor reminded me of my stay in France, lovely! I needed to arrange for a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to a friend and the staff made all these arrangements for me, as well as supplying me with detailed information on the best local restaurants. They have plenty of off-street secure parking and rooms are very private, each with it's own entrance. Situated very central, but just far enough not to be disturbed by any traffic. I sleps like a baby and this morning enjoyed a very scrumptious breakfast, at a time that suited me.....no rush! Thank you Caledon23 Country House for making my stay perfect. I will certainly recommend this place to everyone and will be back very soon.

Room Tip: All their rooms are beautiful and spacious. Can't go wrong with any.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked a room at Caledon Country House and arrived yesterday, to be met by the very friendly receptionist who also offered me a warm cup of tea upon arrival. I was very pleased with the beautiful room I was allocated. The decor reminded me of my stay in France, lovely! I needed to arrange for a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to a friend and the staff made all these arrangements for me, as well as supplying me with detailed information on the best local restaurants. They have plenty of off-street secure parking and rooms are very private, each with it's own entrance. Situated very central, but just far enough not to be disturbed by any traffic. I sleps like a baby and this morning enjoyed a very scrumptious breakfast, at a time that suited me.....no rush! Thank you Caledon Country House for making my stay perfect. I will certainly recommend this place to everyone and will be back very soon.

Room Tip: All their rooms are beautiful and spacious. Can't go wrong with any.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Room smelt of mould and mildew, white towels had yellow and brown stains on and brown towel had a hole in it. Shower had hair in it! Bed had hair in it! No form of ventilation, just a fan in room. Hair hair everywhere!!! Had to search to find staff. Breakfast rather not.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple