“Little Gem in George!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lauren's

Lauren's
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in George
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Africa
“Little Gem in George!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I visit this little Eatery almost on a weekly basis. Its simply fantastic. The food is of a very high standard, good portion sizes, and nothing ever too much trouble for Lauren & her Team to assist when it comes to any food intolerances or special requests.
I had Beef Stroganoff today which was a large portion - but I ate it all as it was so fresh and really tasty. Lauren's Curry is also a winner.
Definitely worth a visit!!

• Visited May 2014

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

The glorious spicy aroma assailed our senses as we approached across the parking lot. Even if it hadn't been our destination, the fragrant promise of culinary bliss would have drawn us in regardless. We were after a quick bite for lunch. Well, the service was personal and lightning fast, Lauren's relaxed welcome was so genuine and the food so utterly sublime we left feeling like old friends with full tummies, wondering if there was a way we could squeeze another meal in at her divine little deli cafe before leaving George.

The homemade humus, butter soft beef strips and crunchy greens in a pita was just perfect. But when I noticed a sticky chocolate cake waiting in the display fridge I couldn't resist. If the savory was that fantastic it follows that the sweet would be as wonderful. Well, with fresh made coffee as rich and smooth as velvet teasing my nose I took the first bite of my enormous serving of chocolate cake. Mmmmmmm! OMG!! Freakin' Awesome! My taste buds stood up jumped around, did the Mexican wave and a standing ovation all at once. The dark chocolate ganache coated cake is dense and sticky and melts in your mouth. You want to gobble it up all at once like a kiddy and savor each morsel with tears in your eyes like a gourmet.

Lauren makes the best chocolate cake I (a professional chocoholic) have ever ever tasted, bar none!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ChiquitaTravels
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“COULD NOT WAIT TO RETURN ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

NEVER ever think of visiting George without paying Lauren's a visit. Once you have eaten there rest assured that you will DEFINITELY return. I so thrill to the joy of eating Lauren's Prawns in Pita that I cannot get past it to enjoy all of her vast menu.
I have been dreaming about her Prawns in Pita so my husband said "get in the car - we are on our way" to which I asked "where?" Lauren's Deli came the reply. I flew into the car (we live in Knysna) and in no time were in George. Once again I ordered my favourite of all time food Prawns in Pita and boy-o-boy another outstanding treat!
Do yourselves a favour and visit this amazing venue. You will also love the super friendly staff and atmosphere of the venue.

Super highly recommended.

1 Thank Rob W
George, South Africa
“Best cheesecake around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have to say the cheesecake I had at Lauren's Deli is 2nd to none, for all those like me with a bit of a sweet tooth must definitely try it out!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jasonvh79
“Best salmon bagel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Great food and friendly people, definately worth a visit. I regularly visit them, their food is always fresh and delicious and the people are really nice. You should really try their salmon bagels, they are magic.

1 Thank Danie E