“LAUREN'S OWN BALSAMIC REDUCTION”
Review of Lauren's

Lauren's
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in George
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just go there and with most meals ask for Lauren's own balsamic reduction to be served with it.

She prepare a variety meals fresh and the attraction and honest taste, lies in the simplicity.

3  Thank h c

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Delightful food...delightful service...delightful owner. Lauren makes you feel like you're at home. You always feel special.

4  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We love this place!! The great, fresh food and wonderful smiling staff make this one of our favourite lunch time places. Lauren always has time for a friendly chat. The food is all made from fresh and tasty ingredients and its difficult to choose what to have!

The bran muffins are wonderful and we often take one home for later, the other deli items available are great and we take the hummus for tasty snacks at home. We have also in the past ordered a 'take out' and headed off to the beach for a picnic - what a pleasure.

Highly recommended

1  Thank 64jane31
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Lauren's Deli has been open for four years and I hope that it will be around for many many years to come. The food is always fresh and well presented. It has a Middle Eastern flavour to it - falafel in pita, schwarmas, humus, lentil stew, bagels filled with brisket and pickled cucumbers - and all made by Lauren and her friendly staff on the premises. My favourite is falafel in pita and although each time I go in there I feel I should try something different, I land up ordering the same thing because it is so delicious. The homemade cakes are also worth giving up your diet for and the Carrot/ Beetroot cake and New York style baked Cheese Cake are my favourites. The fresh vegetable and berry juices are also worth trying. Lauren is always so welcoming with a huge smile on her face. The Deli is small but there is always a wonderful vibe. Try it.

2  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Ever wondered where in George you can find the best cupcakes? Only one place to stop - Lauren's off course! I was in quite a predicament with late b'day surprise plans and was not first in line to scoop up the last of the gooey centred red velvet cupcakes... after putting up a really sad face, Lauren opted to bake a new batch (it was 15hr) and prep them before closing time!! 'This is my shop and I can bake when ever I want to!' was her answer. Thanks Lauren you saved the day for me and made a big man childishly happy with late night njammyness! (just to say we had some for b'fast as well)
You are in for a treat stopping at Lauren's! Your 'Moms kitchen' away from home.

1  Thank Marzanne K