“Beautiful place , great people, great value!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Far Hills Country Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in George
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Beautiful place , great people, great value!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Far Hills for the weekend and we can honestly say that it is the best value in the Garden Route. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

This hotel has recently been reopened and thus have a reduced rate for their premium suites. The price includes breakfast. The food is delicious very well presented. Our suite had a beautiful view of the valley. We had a very comfortable king size bed and a spacious full bathroom. The suite also has a fireplace, which sadly is not operational as of yet. They are in the process of reconnecting all the gas pipes. With a working fire place this suite will be the perfect for a romantic getaway. This is a great hotel, great room and value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

In the middle of winter, there is no heating in the room! When asking at reception, I was told the aircon is broken. The fire place did not work. The receptionist has to ask someone sitting on the veranda (who was so not sober). Sheets and duvet cocer not ironed. At 09h00 all the breakfast stuff is packed away.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Prieur, General Manager at Far Hills Country Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience on tripadvisor. I wish you mentioned it while you were here so we could try to fix the problem. There is a heater in the room, you may just have missed it. Breakfast is also served at any time of the day, even when we have packed away. There is no excuse for bad service, however I would just like to say that your experience is not the norm. Kind Regards Prieur du Plessis

Travelers are raving about these George hotels

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

I am from South Korea and visit South Africa to improve my English. Last month I stayed at Far Hills Country Hotel near George. It was very good experience. Nature is very beautiful and children enjoyed very much. I like food and sitting on deck looking at mountain. My husband like watching sport in bar. We pay lowest price here on SA trip. Very good. I will definitely be back soon to your hotel to kill more birds, except for many beers at the bar.^^

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Cascais, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

I visited South Africa recently (from Portugal) and stayed at the Far Hills Hotel on my way to visit my daughter. It was very pleasant. The staff are friendly and we had a room up-grade, so it was a beautiful room for a low price. The place is also very beautiful. My only problem was that the pathways were a bit dimly lit. But I will go back.Joe Freitas

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
johannesburg, south africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

I stayed at Far Hills Country Hotel during a recent visit to the Garden Route, and was “lured” inside by a banner advertising extremely low prices. I didn’t expect those prices to be real – usually they’re just a ploy to get you to reception. But I did pay R450 for a double room (including breakfast for two). It’s the best value I’ve encountered in years. In fact, I paid more on the way at the Colesberg Lodge with its seriously old, musty rooms and excluding breakfast!

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Woking
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Arrived on 9th November to find the hotel all closed up - no notice given to us. Very disappointed.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Nellie007, General Manager at Far Hills Country Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
The Far Hills Country Hotel owner and staff sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused due to our temporary closure in November. The Hotel had a change of management and is again open for business. Our slogan is Touch the Earth / Feel at Home. Please come and experience our hospitality. Kind Regards Prieur du Plessis (GM).
Also consider these accommodations in or near George
Protea Hotel by Marriott George Outeniqua
#6 of 9 in George
Oakhurst Hotel
Oakhurst Hotel
#8 of 9 in George

Been to Far Hills Country Hotel? Share your experiences!